PDA

View Full Version : incomplete hands on pokerstars

Nuttkickker
04-18-2014, 12:01 AM
i have just started getting a lot of incomplete hands on HM1
while importing it might say.... files imported 1, hands imported 2,duplicate hand errors 0,import errors 0, incomplete hands 2 then a min later incomlete hands might be 25 then 30 then 3 and son on.
I have updated to latest version 1.14.02 and have tried deleting import folders and re added them
any idea what is causing this?

fozzy71
04-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Is this cash, tournament, or zoom? Have you noticed any hands actually not showing up in the database? Have you tried requesting the recent hands from stars support and importing those to see if it imports any new hands that were not written or written incomplete during the session?

It sounds like the poker client is writing some partial hands for some reason. You can send us the hands via email for testing but there isn't much we can do if the poker client is writing partial hands.

You should probably make sure that HM and Stars are set to run as admin and make sure the folder that the client is writing hands to is not set to read only permissions.

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Right-click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMImport.exe, HMHud.exe, DBControlPanel.exe and PokerStarsUpdate.exe

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks* - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2561/Set+Correct+Permissions+on+files+and+folders+HM2+u se

*This is a HM2 faq so use it as a guide for HM1.

Nuttkickker
04-21-2014, 09:47 AM
It sounds like the poker client is writing some partial hands for some reason. You can send us the hands via email for testing but there isn't much we can do if the poker client is writing partial hands.

I am playing multi table sng's. the folder for hand history seems to be read only and i cant seem to change when i apply change and ok it, it reverts back to read only. I have re installed pokerstars and changed the folder for hand history. i had recently changed dealer option to silent in pokerstars but have since changed it back to all, if that could be anything to do with the problem
I am not sure if hands are actually missing, they don't seem to be. so may not be a big issue. should i send some hand histories?

fozzy71
04-21-2014, 11:48 AM
No, it sounds like a permissions issue. I would just create a new folder for the hands such as C:\PSHands on your computer, assign that new folder in the pokerstars client options and add that folder to the HM2 > Site Setup > Auto Import folders then email stars support and ask them for all your hands so you can import them to get any missing hands.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Histories/Summaries.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+

hanzaz
04-29-2014, 02:48 AM
I have pretty much the same problem. Not long ago my HM1 started giving me a lot of incomplete hands. And because of that some hands are missing from hand history and some tournaments information are incorrect in the report. Changing folder didn't help. Stopping/starting PostgreSQL server also had no effect. All related programs are running with admin rights.

netsrak
04-29-2014, 04:33 AM
Can you try a new database for a test?
And please make sure that archive and auto-import folders are in different folder hierarchies and the archiving of the handhistories (standard 15 minutes after last access) is working.

Xerxes
05-09-2014, 11:26 PM
Hello, I got the same problem since January (just see today that my file "Importing => logs" was doing 30GB O_o).

That is when I tried to configure HEM to work with FTP. I think I have changed something, and now, the two websites where I am playing the most (PS.fr and Winamax) are making a lot of incomplete hands (I think all the hands I have played since January are counting double and making mistakes because they are already in the database...).

The thing is all my hands are importing well (I check after each session), but HEM seems consider that all the hands are "incomplete" and it writes them all in "Importing" => "Logs"...

I've checked my "auto import folders", but I am not downloading any hand from archive. The only file I don't know what it is is "C:/User/Xerxes/AppData/Roaming/HEM Data/Hands". I've tried to delete it a dozen of time, but it doesn't dissapear !

My version is 1.13.02

fozzy71
05-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Hello, I got the same problem since January (just see today that my file "Importing => logs" was doing 30GB O_o).

That is when I tried to configure HEM to work with FTP. I think I have changed something, and now, the two websites where I am playing the most (PS.fr and Winamax) are making a lot of incomplete hands (I think all the hands I have played since January are counting double and making mistakes because they are already in the database...).

The thing is all my hands are importing well (I check after each session), but HEM seems consider that all the hands are "incomplete" and it writes them all in "Importing" => "Logs"...

I've checked my "auto import folders", but I am not downloading any hand from archive. The only file I don't know what it is is "C:/User/Xerxes/AppData/Roaming/HEM Data/Hands". I've tried to delete it a dozen of time, but it doesn't dissapear !

My version is 1.13.02

There is no reason to delete that appdata folder.

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.14.02.exe

Please change your hand history folders in the poker clients to a new folder such as C:\starshands and C:\winamaxhands and configure HM to auto import from the new folders. This will ensure these folders have full read/write permissions.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database*

hanzaz
05-14-2014, 01:39 AM
Can you try a new database for a test?
And please make sure that archive and auto-import folders are in different folder hierarchies and the archiving of the handhistories (standard 15 minutes after last access) is working.

Hey,

created new database, changed HH folder - no help. still a lot of incomplete hands :(

netsrak
05-14-2014, 03:58 AM
If you have installed HM1 1.14.02 and Stars is configured to write english handhistories it must work if you use standard windows regional settings. Nothing else we can do for your with HM1 as support for HM1 has ended. Please see our FAQ: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/661/HM1+End+of+Life+%28EOL%29+Common+Questions