PDA

View Full Version : HM won't start

sven
12-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi guys,

Weird problem here.
Two days ago HM was working fine, yesterday it won't start.
I checked appz i installed, windows vista updates, broken links, UAC, windows firewall; nothing influenced Hm or SQL.

So i saved my hands and reinstalled the whole thing fresh and clean, still HM won't start. The hud will start but that's about it.

I spend some time with my neighbour Al1 from support, and tried to solve it throu TeamViewer but still nothing.

Maybe you guys could give a hand there, try to make that ghost in my pc disappear :D

Cheers

morny
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Are you getting an error?

sven
12-08-2008, 04:13 PM
No error

Al1
12-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Are you getting an error?

During the TV session, I have noticed that if I click DBControlPanel.exe, it can't load, it said it was ended or something like that.
Also, the postgreSQL service wasn't here (list of services) when I checked the list. Thus I have tried to reinstall postgreSQL, and after that it was on the service list but HM won't start too, same for DBControlPanel.exe

chrisvince
12-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Hi,

got the same problem as Sven, Hm won't start, did nothin special on my pc!

I download the last version of HM, didn't work :(

PostgreSQL and HMHud works.

Can you help me? Us?

thanks

Chris from France, sorry for my english :D

Xp Sp2
Esest Nod32 Antivirus
No Firewall
Bought a router, could be that?

Al1
12-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi,

got the same problem as Sven, Hm won't start, did nothin special on my pc!

I download the last version of HM, didn't work :(

PostgreSQL and HMHud works.

Can you help me? Us?

thanks

Chris from France, sorry for my english :D

Xp Sp2
Esest Nod32 Antivirus
No Firewall
Bought a router, could be that?

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

Vince
12-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I just downloaded the newest version yesterday. 1.07. It wouldn't start up, I would get a windows error asking me to contact the adminstrator. So I checked the forums and it was advised that I install the beta version.

Installed the beta version, so it starts up now - no holdem manager shortcut was created on my desktop so I started manually from RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Holdem Manager.exe. However I get this error message now:

Could not find Config\HoldemManager.config file. Make sure you are running from the correct directory.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vince

Running on: XP64

morny
12-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Sven, i think i solved your problem? If not email me to do a teamviewer session.

Chris, can you elaborate when you say it wont work, does it give an error and if not what happens and how far do you get, do you press the shortcut etc and nothing happens or does it start and disappear

Vince please do the following:

Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=14

If the problem persists uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL aswell http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=72

And finally backup your config folder in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config then uninstall HoldemManager and delete the RVGSoftware in C:\Program Files and reinstall the Full version from www.holdemmanager.net and update to the latest patch and run HM, only replace your config files after youve tested HM is working first and then copy all your files back to the config folder while HM is closed

sven
12-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Morny, i think you meant Vince, we didnt figure out the problem yet.
But i solved it with Roy, so thanx for support you provided guys!!!

It looks like we have the same problem Vince, thou im running on Vista 32, just won't start. We you open the tasks manager and open HM, it shows it for a second the it closes it, big dysfuncionning here. (oui ca fait chier)

Sven :D

chrisvince
12-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Chris, can you elaborate when you say it wont work, does it give an error and if not what happens and how far do you get, do you press the shortcut etc and nothing happens or does it start and disappear

I got no error, I click on HoldemManager.exe and nothing happens.

morny
12-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Chris, Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=14

If the problem persists uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL aswell http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=72

And finally backup your config folder in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config then uninstall HoldemManager and delete the RVGSoftware in C:\Program Files and reinstall the Full version from www.holdemmanager.net and update to the latest patch and run HM, only replace your config files after youve tested HM is working first and then copy all your files back to the config folder