PDA

View Full Version : Writing badge to HUD

PlayingABC
04-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm having trouble with a badge I've written in Colour definition.

I have done the following.

Identified a player that the colour Badge should work on and it say output successful.
Assigned the Badge in the HUD
made all note and other colour definition inactive
ran creating notes.

The badge hasn't appeared on the HUD any ideas.

I don't want Note caddy to make a change to my Stars colour but just add the badge.

Thanks
ABC

sreticentv
04-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Did you identify the player that should have the badge by right clicking the color definition, clicking test, and entering the player's name? If so, did the game type/size that said he is eligible match the game type/size table you looked at the HUD? Also, have you added NC.OrderedBadge to your HUD?

Please see
NoteCaddy Badges - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy%20Badges.ashx)
Color coding not working as expected? Read this - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/Color-coding-not-working-as-expected-Read-this.ashx)

PlayingABC
04-11-2014, 03:07 AM
My Data base is only 6max and I have tested the badge in "test" vs that player and the it reads successful output also the badge is added to he HUD.

after that I get a little lost.

Should the badge just appear automatically or do I have to run note or colour badges. I have ran notes and nothing and I'm running colours and nothing again.

do you know what might be the problem?

HossendeHaai
04-11-2014, 06:51 AM
made all note and other colour definition inactive
ran creating notes.

If you make a definition inactive it will be ignored for all possible uses. So you'll want to have this definition active.

I don't want Note caddy to make a change to my Stars colour but just add the badge.

Select 'Exempt from color-coding' in the color-definition.

Should the badge just appear automatically or do I have to run note or colour badges.

You have to run notes on the Note Definition you use in the Color Definition, but you don't have to run anything on the Color Definition itself.

PlayingABC
04-11-2014, 10:49 AM
All the other notes and colour I made inactive so I wouldn't have confusion. So I have only the one I want to work active. Selecting 'Exempt from Color-coding' Makes sense.

So Say I have not notes which I don't but one Color definition badge which I do. What should I run, do I have run anything?

HossendeHaai
04-11-2014, 12:19 PM
You have to run notes on the Note Definition you use in the Color Definition, but you don't have to run anything on the Color Definition itself.