PDA

View Full Version : MAC compatible HEM

mupoker
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
any plans for a MAC HEM anytime in the future?

This would be AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING

mupoker

Al1
12-08-2008, 02:15 AM
any plans for a MAC HEM anytime in the future?

This would be AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING

mupoker

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

zoom7
12-08-2008, 04:22 PM
It doesn't make sense to port program like this to Mac OS for couple of reasons:

1) Porting such a complex program isn't a trivial task
2) There aren't enough Mac users to make it worthwhile
3) Virtual machines (like VMware Fusion and Parallels Desktop) already provide a viable solution to run HEM on OS X

morny
12-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah this isnt in the short or medium term plans as we dont have the time with the current workload to work on another program. If you add it here http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/ and it gets enough support well consider it in the future however its unlikely for the reasons Zoom mentioned

mupoker
12-08-2008, 06:31 PM
i understand the reasons zoom presented, however, true mac users do not install parallels like vmware and bootcamp on their mac's so they can run windows

it's like buying a ferrari and then gettin a buick engine installed.

i will add it to that other link. thanks!

Jhool10
04-25-2009, 04:50 PM
I understand that making a program compatible with mac is no trivial task. However, to say that there aren't enough mac users to justify creating a program is foolish imo. I am a college student and I would judge that nearly half of all college students have mac computers. Considering that this is one of the larger targeted audiences for poker sites and poker software you guys could be missing out on a sizable amount of customers.

Your last reason for only catering to pc users is that there are already parallel programs in existence. Well, first of all those programs do not come with mac computers and i would imagine they are expensive, although i know you can get them bootlegged, but that could be dangerous. People won't want to purchase another 80$ program or whatever parallels costs on top of the money they already are gonna spend for hold em manager. On top of that i don't want to run a shitty processing system when i have one that works much better. I like mupoker's analogy. It also poses a problem when i want to access pieces of information that are stored on the OS system while i am runnning windows. I won't want to go through the trouble of basically having two separate computers in one just so i can run your program.

People want convenience when they are buying a program like this, and the fact is that running this program on a mac is extremely inconvenient, not to mention more expensive. For these reasons mac users simply will not buy your product and you will be losing a large amount of profits imo, although you guys don't seem to be concerned.

playitlikeaset
04-25-2009, 05:34 PM
get pokercopilot for mac, its no HEM but its better than nothing has a HUD at least

mupoker
04-25-2009, 06:51 PM
great post jhool

yah, real mac users don't run parallels (and windows). We use MACs for a reason

qwerty2k
04-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Just thought i would add that i would dearly love a mac version, there are an awful lot of deucescracked members who also use mac and would love a native mac version.

aaasi
12-15-2009, 09:09 PM
maybe this one will speed up this process..
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24415&start=0

JUST1CE
06-06-2010, 06:40 PM
This really needs to happen, there are simply too many Mac users now. I'll probably just use PT3 so that I don't have to install a Windows parallel just to use HEM. I'm a HEM user as is, but this just seems like an obvious improvement.

mupoker
06-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Amen justice! Mac version pretty please

psy
06-12-2010, 08:03 AM
If you were to release a native Mac-version I wouldn't mind paying for it even though I'm already a HEM user. But I'm really considering switching to PT3 cause of their Mac-version.

I know I'm not just speaking for myself now.

taw420
08-19-2010, 03:35 AM
I'll be willing to pay again for native mac client. basically the only thing I use windows for is poker/HM.

B-Money
08-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Mac, Mac, Mac... It's on our minds constantly. Main thing holding this up is resources. Holdem Manager basically needs to be written from the ground up to do a MAC version. We are looking at alternatives but there is nothing to announce. Earliest I see a Mac version available is mid 2011. That's if you're optimistic.

Things I've seen about competitors MAC is they hardly support it. I could be wrong but a few threads I've seen have customers upset about their MAC support. PC version gets fixes, but the MAC version doesn't get the same love.

GL,
-B

Slo Motions
08-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Is there any progress on a Mac release? Tons of mac users really don't want to purchase Poker Tracker 3 when we already have a HEM License

netsrak
08-20-2010, 07:48 AM
B-Moneys statement before your post is from yesterday :confused:

Slo Motions
08-20-2010, 08:00 AM
lol how did i not see that ?

adam LC
09-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Gutted. :(

I just completed the "get it free" with FT and PS to accumilate $175 and I've only just seen that HEM software is not MAC compatible. I dont have a PC :mad:

Guess I should have read about that first.

I tried the Fusion/Parallels thing before on my MAC and its all just annoying. Pokercopilot or PT3 seem to be my only other options then?

:(:(

taw420
09-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Gutted. :(

I just completed the "get it free" with FT and PS to accumilate $175 and I've only just seen that HEM software is not MAC compatible. I dont have a PC :mad:

Guess I should have read about that first.

I tried the Fusion/Parallels thing before on my MAC and its all just annoying. Pokercopilot or PT3 seem to be my only other options then?

:(:(

try bootcamp, it's what I have to use and it works good. Just google it and go from there.

playitlikeaset
01-04-2011, 03:01 PM
apparently everyone suggesting bootcamp and parallels haven't used it before. I dunno about you but i dont want to have my cpu running at 90% again with the fan on super loud while i wanna play poker with a hud on my laptop. Parallels or bootcamp is just a bad idea for a mac laptop. Hem for mac needs to happen. PT3 for mac sucks btw, im using the trail and i am not impressed. They dont even have a SB VPIP stat. Using pokercopilot until hem is available for mac. and also i agree with what someone wrote before. Id say at least half of college students (my age young generation like 20-25 bracket) have macs now. Way more then before. So to say that there aren't enough mac users is pretty ridiculous IMO.

mupoker
01-04-2011, 03:35 PM
please please hem native version on mac!!

Patvs
01-04-2011, 08:49 PM
apparently everyone suggesting bootcamp and parallels haven't used it before.

A native MAC OSX version is not happening any time soon. They'll have to rewrite the ENTIRE program code. Since MAC can't handle the current C++ code.
(which would lead to two separate programmer teams)

An alternative we looked into was "porting" the program. Where you don't need bootcamp/Parallels.... but the program would basically still run in a 'shell'. (I think that's what PT3 did....)

mupoker
01-04-2011, 08:50 PM
An alternative we looked into was "porting" the program. Where you don't need bootcamp/Parallels.... but the program would basically still run in a 'shell'. (I think that's what PT3 did....)

are you still looking into this? Or, is this a no-go as well? Thanks for the great support (always)

Patvs
01-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Running the current version within a 'shell' seems as bad as running it on a Virtual-Windows environment. (also cost to port the program are extreme high, still resulting in a crappy version)

So at the moment... we dropped that as well.

BNTRL
01-22-2011, 04:56 AM
A native MAC OSX version is not happening any time soon.

For when can we expect full HM compatibility with mac?
HM uservoice is full of vote for this. Are you working hard to do this as fast as possible?
User want it's. That simple. Can we have update on what is going on?

Thanks

Patvs
01-22-2011, 05:04 AM
HoldemManager version for native Mac OSX currently is not into development.

BNTRL
01-22-2011, 05:34 AM
HoldemManager version for native Mac OSX currently is not into development.

That was said by Patvs.

"Mac, Mac, Mac... It's on our minds constantly. Main thing holding this up is resources. Holdem Manager basically needs to be written from the ground up to do a MAC version. We are looking at alternatives but there is nothing to announce. Earliest I see a Mac version available is mid 2011. That's if you're optimistic. "

And that is a statement made by b-money in this post: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/4858-mac-compatible-hem-2.html#post170155

So what is really going on with HM on mac?

BNTRL
01-22-2011, 05:38 AM
bump

BNTRL
02-12-2011, 07:01 PM
bump.

Patvs
02-13-2011, 01:17 AM
HoldemManager version for native Mac OSX unfortunately is still not into development. With no short-term plans to do so.

du_repi_unda
06-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Still no news ?

Patvs
06-01-2011, 11:46 PM
There are no plans for a native Mac version.

If you have a Mac, run HoldemManager in a virtual-Windows environment using bootcamp, Parallels, VMWare.

jieeiz
07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
and on Crossover?

Patvs
07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure about CrossOver.
CrossOver only ports Windows programs?

If that means it doesn't have the .net framework structure HoldemManager needs, it probably won't work.

Defcon
08-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Hello! I was wondering how much $ would it take for the HEM team to kickstart the HEM@Mac project? I believe the MAC community is big enough to do a KICKSTARTER project and raise some $ that'll make you reconsider the potential of this market. Heck we wouldn't even complain about not getting updates for a year or more as long as the actual program was working as intended with all the goodies the PC ver. of HeM has to offer. There's money, all that is left is the will to do it.

Patvs
08-21-2011, 01:44 PM
We continue to consider the possibility of releasing a Mac version. �However, we have no time frame on when a decision will be made or when an HM for the Mac would be available. �We have heard your requests and those weigh�significantly�in the ultimate�decisions for priorities for major development tasks.

poison
11-29-2011, 10:01 AM
HEM for mac should really come soon. I use vmware, i have 8gb of ram, i have a ssd, but the way it ports the video card is pretty awfull, and the stats in hem2 are freezing very frequently. You just have to make a version, cause it's bad when you buy a laptop for the OS X which gives you, a very stable and good one, and you have to run that Shitty Windows.

Patvs
11-29-2011, 11:33 PM
After the majority of the HM2 bugs are fixed, development on the HM2 for Mac will start.
That means it can still take a very long time, before a MAC OSX version is released, but it will be developed.