PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Want to buy HEM

sitting out
12-07-2008, 06:16 PM
hi. i've been using PT3 for its trial period which has just ended. i would like to now purchase HEM but i need some help with my db. i have PT3 and PostgreSQL installed on my hardrive (C). the database has gotten so big that i have less than a gig left on this drive. i went out and bought a firewire drive (F) and would like to move my database over to this drive (F), install HEM on my C drive, and then have HEM talk to the database/download hands onto my F drive. so far i have taken the following steps: (1) i exported the PT3 database from inside the PT3 program onto the F drive (this results in a file named "full tilt" on the new drive). (2) i physically dragged (copied) the PostgreSQL file (and all of its contents) from my C drive to my F drive.

could you please give me a step by step on what i can now delete from my C drive (can i delete the SQL folder completely? can i unistall PT3?)? additionally, could you tell me the steps i have to now take in order to get HEM up and running in the manner that i described (installed on my C drive, talking to, downloading to a remote database on an external hardrive with all the hands from PT3 imported into this dabase)?

thanks in advance...

Al1
12-08-2008, 02:28 AM
You can't use your PT3 DB with HM. You have to reimport your HHs in a HM DB (use your original HHs or export HHs from PT3). To put your DB on the external drive, just install postgreSQL on this drive.

sitting out
12-08-2008, 03:26 PM
thanks. i was already aware of what you told me. what i need from you is a step by step on how to do it (i'm not terribly computer literate and i would be most appreciative).

morny
12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Youll need to contact PT support on how to export but IIRC you need to go to Database Management and Then Export Hands to a folder and remember the location.

To import the hands into Holdem Manager just go to the Import Tab and choose import from folder and navigate to where your exported hands are