PDA

View Full Version : The Squeeze Stat

TierTier
12-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Starting off, (1) how many hands would you say that you need on someone for this statistic to be relevant? I have guys in my database with over 10k hands who haven't had near 100+ chances to squeeze. And, even if they have had 100+, I don't think that's nearly enough to come to a statistically significant conclusion

(2) Assuming that a.) you have enough hands on someone that it is statistically significant and b.) you have an understanding of what could be considered "average" squeeze stats and "high" stats, how would this make a material difference in your play if your are the original raiser?

If I'm the original raiser and I have AA obviously I'm repopping. If I've got a mid pair I'm folding even if I know the guy is squeeze happy.

I cannot imagine a hand such that I'd act differently after a guy squeezes based upon a very high (or even a very low) statistically significant squeeze percentage if I am the first raiser.

To me, that seems to be the nature of a squeeze play. It puts such pressure on everyone that they are compelled to act in a way consistent with the true value of their hand.

Now, if I am the last of the limpers, the original raiser folds and so too do the rest of the limpers, then, perhaps if I see a guy is making a lot of squeeze plays I could put a move on him.

Other then that, I don't see how to use this statistic.

(3) Am I missing something? Is anyone making use of this stat and could you explain specifically how?

morny
12-08-2008, 03:39 PM
1) 100 is probably not so useful for an accurate range but would probably be accurate enough to see if someone is overly aggro or extremely passive in this situation eg someone who had 100 oppurtunities and did it 30 times and someone who had 100 opportunities and did it once, but to get an accurate range youd probably need 300-1k

2) If you had enough stats to suggest hes doing it light i guess youd be repopping it with a wider range and vice versa, youd need to run ranges through a 4betting calculator to see what ranges would be profitable

3) No 2 is basically the answer, you need to workout a range hes doing this with based on this stat however as youve pointed out youll probably need 20-40k stats to be able to get an accurate range so its really only more useful for overly or underly aggressive players, however you can also use the 3bet/4bet stats to make a better assumption so someone that dosent 3bet or 4bet much is very unlikely to Squeez light so use both of these stats in conjunction to make a better decision

Al1
12-09-2008, 07:00 AM
This is a good answere morny! ;)

TierTier
12-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Yes...thank you very much.