PDA

View Full Version : Reconnecting w/ old database on separate drive

ReyzorxXx
02-25-2011, 09:09 AM
I reformatted my C drive and reinstalled HEM there but have PostgreSQL 9.0 database on another drive. How do I reconnect the two to have it function properly. I get the Database control panel whenever I try to open HEM.
thanks

Patvs
02-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Make sure secondary logon is running: The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Reinstall SQL 9.0 to the separate drive.
It is installed using port 5432 (or 5433?).
Connect to that port in Database Management (dbcontrolpanel)

ReyzorxXx
02-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Reinstall SQL 9.0 to the separate drive.
It is installed using port 5432 (or 5433?).
Connect to that port in Database Management (dbcontrolpanel)

I have my previous SQL 9.0 already installed on that drive. Do I need to uninstall that one and download and reinstall a new 9.0 there?

Patvs
02-26-2011, 07:43 AM
No just reinstall it, directing it to the same location.

Which port is it using? SQL 8.4 is completely uninstalled? Or are both using the same port?

ReyzorxXx
02-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Which port is it using? SQL 8.4 is completely uninstalled? Or are both using the same port?

I do not have SQL 8.4 installed. The port that it is using 5432. I try to start up HEM and it still can't locate the database at port 5432.

Patvs
02-26-2011, 10:42 AM
But it can connect to port 5432?
You can't create a new database--> reimport your hands?

ReyzorxXx
02-27-2011, 09:46 AM
But it can connect to port 5432?
You can't create a new database--> reimport your hands?

HEM can't connect to 5432. Are you suggesting that I format my X:drive database where I have my hands and re-import all my hands?

Can I remove my database folder? Format the drive and recopy the folder and reinstall SQL 9.0?

Patvs
02-27-2011, 10:42 AM
If you can't connect.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

If that still fails, install a different version of SQL to a different port and connect to that instead.