PDA

View Full Version : Can't open HEM1

bent_zen
03-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Hi

When I try to open HEM1, I get the following:
"An error occurred while reading the config/HoldemManager.configfile. Root element is missing. Hem will now back up the old config file and create a new one for you."

When I click OK I get A Microsoft .NetFramework window with:
"An unhandled exception has occurred in your application, if you click continue..."

Sorry, but I'm not that good with computers. I've tried redownloading the Feb 14 HEM release, and I think I updated .NetFramework.

I looked through "previous threads" and saw references to deleting config files in RVG, but am paranoid about deleting anything without explicit instruction, and am unsure how to do so. The posts are from some time ago, and contain links that I think are for replacing config files, and I fear might be outdated.

Apologies again for my computer ineptness, and general paranoia with all things digital.
Thanks for your help.

fozzy71
03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management (server name: 127.0.0.1; port number: 5432; login name: postgres; password: postgrespass)
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.

If you continue to have problems, try the following -

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

Please reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1881/Holdem+Manager+.NET+Cleanup+Instructions