PDA

View Full Version : Definitions lost due to power outage or improper shut down

Lievaai
03-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi

For some reason, my note and color definitions got deleted from my nc, this happend over night so I have no idea how it happend. Anyway, when I try to re-import my color definitions from my nc package, I get the following error: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'.
Anyone who knows how to fix this?

nubson
03-18-2014, 09:41 AM
ive got same today

HossendeHaai
03-18-2014, 12:52 PM
You could try to delete the file ColorDefinitions in the folder C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager with HM2 closed and replace that with a copy of the backup of that file in the folder C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Note CaddyDefinitions\*date*

sreticentv
03-18-2014, 12:52 PM
This is likely due to power failure or HM2 not shutting down properly and files getting corrupted. Restart HM2 if you haven't already. If that issue is still there then you have to close it and take the files from backup folders. They are subfolders of C:\Users\{YourWindowsLogin}\AppData\Roaming\Holdem Manager\NoteCaddyDefinitions and start with the word "backup". Each contains your note and color definitions

Lievaai
03-18-2014, 02:08 PM
I tried both options, still doesn't work for me

sreticentv
03-18-2014, 07:19 PM
when you say

re-import my color definitions from my nc package

Does that mean you are taking the colordefinitions.xml from the zip file that was sent to you as part of your coaching pack? Which coaching pack are you referring to specifically?

Lievaai
03-18-2014, 10:11 PM
when you say

Does that mean you are taking the colordefinitions.xml from the zip file that was sent to you as part of your coaching pack? Which coaching pack are you referring to specifically?

Yes, its the NCE ultimate ...
On my laptop, everything works fine, problems only on desktop...

sreticentv
03-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Yes, its the NCE ultimate ...
On my laptop, everything works fine, problems only on desktop...

It's probably easiest to remove everything including settings and definitions Resetting NoteCaddy to factory settings - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/Resetting-NoteCaddy-to-factory-settings.ashx)

Then install NCE again from the zip file. Click help->download latest NC coaching pack version for it to be automatically sent to you