PDA

View Full Version : HEM database error

carlo123
03-14-2014, 07:22 AM
Holdem Manager can no longer connect to my databases. When I open the database control panel I get a error message for each but on databases: "Error when connecting to DB-name. Fatal: 22023: "base/xxxxx" is not valid data directory."

When I try to connect to the databases with PGAdmin it tells me:
"An error has occured:
FATAL: "base/xxxxx" is not a valid data directory
DETAIL: File "base/30345/PG_VERSION" is missing."

Is there a way to fix my databases?
Any help is appreciated.

fozzy71
03-14-2014, 09:33 AM
You can try to vacuum and reindex the database - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+

If you continue to have problems you will have to create a new database or reinstall popstgresql.

carlo123
03-14-2014, 10:50 AM
I cant vacuum and reindex the databases with PGAdmin as PGAdmin can't "connect" to the databases

carlo123
03-14-2014, 10:52 AM
If I reinstall postgresql might it be possible that I could use the old databases again?

Patvs
03-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Your error looks like a database corruption. Are you able to create a new database in HoldemManager?
If so, create a new database, and reimport your hands.

carlo123
03-15-2014, 07:01 AM
I'm able to create new databases with HM.
With reimport you mean to import the HM archive folder?

fozzy71
03-15-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm able to create new databases with HM.
With reimport you mean to import the HM archive folder?

Yes, or restore a backup of the database if you have one.

This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1471/How+does+Backup+and+Restore+Database%2C+Settings+a nd+HUD+configs+work%3F