PDA

View Full Version : Table Manager Error Message

Donut
12-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi,

Using vers. 1.07 on Vista. Yesterday the HUD on FullTilt went blank, the other sites worked fine. I restarted Holdem Manager and received the error message "Couldn't load config/PosPref.txt If you continue new panel positions will be written. Do you wish to continue?" So I continued, I reset the panel positions, everything worked fine and I thought I was done. But when I started Holdem Manager again today that same Table Manager message came up.

Donut

Al1
12-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Hi,

Using vers. 1.07 on Vista. Yesterday the HUD on FullTilt went blank, the other sites worked fine. I restarted Holdem Manager and received the error message "Couldn't load config/PosPref.txt If you continue new panel positions will be written. Do you wish to continue?" So I continued, I reset the panel positions, everything worked fine and I thought I was done. But when I started Holdem Manager again today that same Table Manager message came up.

Donut

Have you a backup of the PosPref.txt?

Donut
12-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Have you a backup of the PosPref.txt?

Um, I guess i might. How may go about finding it? The problem keeps cropping up every time I restart HoldemManager. That said, your prog kicks butt!!!

EDIT: Found it, what next?

Al1
12-07-2008, 03:54 AM
Um, I guess i might. How may go about finding it? The problem keeps cropping up every time I restart HoldemManager. That said, your prog kicks butt!!!

EDIT: Found it, what next?

In fact, the best thing to do to avoid some issue is to regularly backup the "Config" directory, this one contains all your setting of HM. When it seems that a file is currupted, just overwrite it with a safe backuped one.

Now there is some *.bak files of pospref.

First, save/copy your "Config" in a safe location.
Delete the PosPref.txt and copy/rename the PosPref.bak file in PosPref.txt

Does it works?

Donut
12-08-2008, 04:53 AM
In fact, the best thing to do to avoid some issue is to regularly backup the "Config" directory, this one contains all your setting of HM. When it seems that a file is currupted, just overwrite it with a safe backuped one.

Now there is some *.bak files of pospref.

First, save/copy your "Config" in a safe location.
Delete the PosPref.txt and copy/rename the PosPref.bak file in PosPref.txt

Does it works?

The problem fixed itself, lol. No more error. I will do as suggested for the future. Thanks!