PDA

View Full Version : Ninja not starting up

BlackLoter
03-11-2014, 12:44 PM

Why can't I use my software if your server is down?

udbrky
03-11-2014, 05:39 PM
There are not known issues currently.

1) Open control panel

2) Go to network and Internet - internet options

3) Click connections

4) Click LAN Settings

5) Uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN"

6) click ok

7) If you use Firefox , click the options, go to options - advanced - connection settings.

8) Click no proxy.

9) Click OK

10) Please add:
- holdemmanager.exe
- hudfuncapps.exe
- postgres.exe, pg_ctl.exe (in postgres\bin)
- hmupdate.exe (available only during an update)

to the list of exceptions in your firewall and antivirus.

11) Please make sure you are running and installing as an administrator.

Please see this guide for Windows Firewall:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1052/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems

BlackLoter
03-11-2014, 09:10 PM
It wasn't a configuration problem: the site was temporarily unreachable. Every other site on the net was working properly.
After an hour or so the site was reachable again and ninja started working.
What I wonder is: why if the site is temporarily down (or unreachable) I can't use my software?
I understand you have to check the license, but checking it every few days will be more than enough!

udbrky
03-12-2014, 01:11 PM
This was the only report I've seen of it.

In the future, Please send a copy of the following files to support@tableninja.com to check them over for errors:

1) Your TNLog and TNConfigAutoLoad files. You will find them in C:\Program Files\TableNinja

2) A screen shot of your desktop with a table and your HUD displayed.
See instructions How to make screenhot? Taking screenshots is fast and free. No software to download (http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm)
Please send the screen shot even if you don't have a HUD or custom table theme.

BlackLoter
03-12-2014, 01:26 PM
It's possible it was a problem linked with my internet provider routing toward that site.
Still, I find it very odd that a single site temporarily unreachable will lock me out of the software

For example, I think hem addresses this better: if I have connection problems or the connection is out it will still work for several days before having to check the license again.