PDA

View Full Version : speed issues

Nemesis
12-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I am a new user. Thought this product would be better then PT2 but...

- It takes longer time to start up the software.
- Import speeds were really slow. I have a 500K database. And so far the import speed has been 20 hands per seconds! (I have only imported 200K hands so far)
- Itīs really slow when I do filtering or just change tabs or whatever.

Can you help me get it faster? I am using the latest version 1.07. I have done a vacuuum but so far PT2 has been faster with everything! Why?

Also...

- How can I get BB/hand in the report? (I can only find BB/100)
- I am trying to look at what hands makes a profit 3-betting in the SB. Since the SB is different in relative size at different limits I canīt take the BB/100 and subtract 25. Can I get BB/hand minus posted blind money in somehow?

morny
12-05-2008, 10:46 AM
When you say to start it up how do you mean, it should be fairly instant to start it, have you any firewalls/antiviruses etc that might be blocking it and if so make sure all the HM exe files are added to the exceptions list or else completely delete the programs to verify whether there causing the problem or not. If this is the problem it would also effect the other two things aswell.

There is no guide to how many hands per second you should get, depends on the game type i.e HU/Full Ring and even some sites import faster than others however it looks like there is some underlying reason why your not getting good speeds especially when your getting slow speeds running searches. One thing you can try to speed the searches up is go to Option > Hand View Column Selection and delete the last 3 winner columns and try a search again and if your still not getting fast searches then i would definetely uninstall any antiviruses/firewalls to see if theyre causing the problem. Whats your specs BTW on your PC?

BB/100 = 1big bet i.e 2bb
bb/100 = 1big blind

We dont have bb/hand but its easy to work out 100bb/100 = 1bb on average, 25bb/100 = 0.25bb on average, 400bb/100 = 4bb on average per hand etc etc

Nemesis
12-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I use windows XP on my laptop. Donīt know all the specs. But I have no speed issues when multitabling with PT2 and Ace hud. So it should be allright.

I did delete the 3 winner columns and also I took all the hands and split them up to smaller chunks before importing and got my speed up to 35-50 hands per second. Itīs not superfast but atleast it doesnīt feel slower then before. Ty! Starting up the software is not a big deal. It just takes a a few more seconds then Iīm used to.

Filtering still takes a long time. And Iīm just doing pre flop filtering right now. I change something in the filter and then it takes approx +20 seconds before results pop up. Maybe itīs normal?

I play fixed limit so I did delete bb/100. And I understand BB/100 is BB/hands x 100. So if I want to check what hands are profitable 3-bets in the SB versus a BTN raise I still need to subtract the BB/100 with the size of the SB. Since the size of the SB varies how do you suggest I go about solving this?

Oh, and please add BB/hand in the future. The numbers become a lot more easy to work with IMO.

Thank you!