PDA

View Full Version : "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when defining Action Seq

SeriAce
03-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi

i get the following Error when trying to define action sequences (its german, it says "object reference not set to an instance of an object")

it appears on every streets action sequences tab, even when i try to change an existing definition

sreticentv
03-05-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure why this would happen. Try restarting HM2 and edit your definition with the "creating notes" and "pending tasks" panels closed. If it still happens I will add a better error message to the next 2.5 release to understand it better

SeriAce
03-06-2014, 02:24 AM
restarting or closing other tabs doesnt work.
would it make sense trying to reinstall HEM and notecaddy?

do my notes get deleted then ?

sreticentv
03-06-2014, 07:18 AM
You won't lose data by reinstalling but I would say try clearing your settings first

Resetting NoteCaddy to factory settings - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/Resetting-NoteCaddy-to-factory-settings.ashx)

SeriAce
03-06-2014, 08:37 AM
:/ just doesnt work

cleared the settings, it did nothing

reinstalled holdemmanager, still same error msg

sreticentv
03-06-2014, 06:44 PM
which button are you clicking when that happens? Save, save new?

SeriAce
03-07-2014, 07:08 AM
when i try click on an action in the "actions" menu under "action sequences" right next to the "sequences" menu.
for instance in the picture when i click on "raise" or "cold call". and none of the things i change get saved like "had to be all-in" or "check" or "bet" when i switch between the actions.

but it used to work. i already made some definitions myself and didnt have the error message. it just appeared from one day to another. (after a long creating notes process")

edit:
now i deleted HEM again and downloaded the 2.5 notecaddy version.
still same error.

i resetted my notes ... that didnt help either

:/

sreticentv
03-07-2014, 09:27 PM
I will have to improve the logging for the next 2.5 release. I have been blocked from any kind of release for around 2 weeks now so the timing is very bad. My apologies for the inconvenience.

SeriAce
05-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Hi,

is there any update on this?

the problem still persists. i tried making a new postgres db that didnt work. i resetted and reimported all notes. that didnt work. the notecaddy beta version also didnt work.

id love to continue making stats.

will the new logging feature be out soon?

HossendeHaai
05-05-2014, 12:33 PM
There is a new update that is likely solve this issue: http://www.notecaddy.com/HoldemManager2Setup.exe

SeriAce
05-05-2014, 01:07 PM
it worked. Cool!