PDA

View Full Version : Need help analyzing profit/loss by position

bdog
02-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forums (1st post) - and am looking for what is probably a very simple solution. I've been using HEM for over a year, but definitely not fully utilizing it's capabilities, and would like to start analyzing my game more.

Question: how do I go about seeing which hands are profitable (or not) for me from EP, MP, HJ, CO, Btn, SB, etc.??

I've watched various HEM videos on CardRunners and this site, and read some FAQs, but seem to have trouble. I have about 600k hands in my database.

I've tried Filter - Edit - Main Filter - Position, but after several minutes it shows 180k hands or so in the Reports page, but I don't know how to go about checking on individual hands (how do I do with 22,33,44,55 or AQo, etc. from EP) when I pull up the hand chart and select certain hands, it doesn't seem to narrow my results to that subset, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

fopah
02-24-2011, 04:41 PM
The preflop cards section has the filters and the interface you are looking for i believe.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/164/Preflop+Cards+%28Cash+Games+%26+Tourney+Sub-Window%29

bdog
02-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks so much, that seems to do the trick - don't know why I couldn't figure out this combination earlier, I thought I tried to do exactly this, guess not...
Anyway, thanks again... :)

a.k.a.Also
02-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi bdog, welcome to the forum.

Here's a report for you to have a play with, it's just two different reports combined. Not very elegant I'm afraid, but it will make it easier to see how groups of hands are doing from the various positions.

This report needs to be copied to your RVGSoftware>Holdem Manager>Reports folder, and you need to restart HM to be able to see it in the dropdown.