PDA

View Full Version : Help recovering database

Oats
02-23-2011, 05:28 PM
My computer crashed, I got a new one. I have a backup image where I can access all the files that were on the old PC.

Is there a way to get my database from these files and get it working on the new system?

Patvs
02-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Easy solution: extract your C:HMArchive from the backup (they contain your original handhistories) and reimport all those hands into a new database.

Advanced solution: extract your entire C:Program Files/PostgreSQL folder.
Move it to the new computer. REINSTALL PostgreSQL to that folder.
And it should detect your old database.

Oats
02-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks, I think I'll try the advanced since I manually edited a lot of SNGs that were reported wrong in HEM (I wasn't saving/importing the Stars tourny summary so field size was showing up wrong).

Oats
02-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Advanced solution: extract your entire C:Program Files/PostgreSQL folder.
Move it to the new computer. REINSTALL PostgreSQL to that folder.
And it should detect your old database.

This didn't work. I moved the old PostgreSQL folder over then installed. It moved all the old files to an 8.4-prev folder. I tried stopping the service, moving the files to the 8.4 folder, but then the service wouldn't start. I then tried reinstalling PostgreSQL over that but it failed to install.

Looks like I'm stuck importing the archived HHs and then editing a bunch of the entries.

One more question, where are the HEM settings stores so I don't have to setup everything all over again?

Oats
02-24-2011, 12:08 AM
I've also lost all my notes :(

netsrak
02-24-2011, 04:57 AM
The HM notes are saved in the database. If you only imported the hands they are lost.

You can try to use an older 8.4 or 8.3 Postgresql version from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org). This may work with your old data folder?
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database

Patvs
02-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Instead of editing all incomplete entries.
Email Stars and request a .htm file containing ALL your summaries and run a import from FILE on that file.

Oats
02-24-2011, 11:10 PM
I read about that last night and did just that. Worked great.