PDA

View Full Version : How many on line poker players use Tracking software?

Shloogy
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Hello
This is very interesting me
Do you have an idea on how many players (in numbers not in %) use Tracking software e.g PokerTracker, HoldemManager etc?

Thanks

Al1
12-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Hello
This is very interesting me
Do you have an idea on how many players (in numbers not in %) use Tracking software e.g PokerTracker, HoldemManager etc?

Thanks

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

morny
12-04-2008, 03:20 PM
No sorry, seen this posted on a forum months ago and nobody really have a difinitve answer just lots of guessing since HM or PT dont publish there user amounts as far as im aware

Shloogy
12-04-2008, 08:27 PM
sure... just asking for estimated number
couple of thousands? hundred thousands?

I'm asking it since I saw that there are 100 million poker players on line

thanks, really looking forward to this one

Shloogy
12-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Someone?

TierTier
12-05-2008, 06:49 PM
This is just to satisfy your curiousity? The absolute number of players would be pretty useless without reference to the total # of players.

But, for what it's worth, at NL50 and NL100 I don't consider it infrequent at all to see people mention 3betting, 4betting, etc in the chatbox. Since (as far as I know) these are strictly internet terms and don't appear in any printed text I think it's relatively safe to assume a good percentage of these players are using tracking software or will do so in the future. I'll also assume that as you move up in limit the percentage increases.

The only other way I see of coming to a very rough guess would be to look at the number of people registered on this forum and then apply some sort of ratio that looks at lurkers vs. people that bother to register on some other boards which cater to a product and which a community of sorts has arisen.

Obviously, if you somehow had access to sales records you could form a very complete picture by adjusting for the number of people using cracked software and for the nonsignificant minority that perhaps purchase and ultimately end up not using.

Hope my musings helped. =0

Shloogy
12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
didn't help at all, sorry...
Am just looking for some estimated figure...
if there are 100M poker players on line , do you think that at least 1% of them use stats?

TierTier
12-05-2008, 07:04 PM
didn't help at all, sorry...
Am just looking for some estimated figure...
if there are 100M poker players on line , do you think that at least 1% of them use stats?

Lulz...I gave you the beginning of an idea on how to estimate it if you want to put in the legwork. I'll say this, having taken a few graduate level classes in both statistics and economics, if I was given this as a project or I had a personal interest in it I think I or anyone else with a decent understanding of statistical analysis could come up with a surprisingly good guess.

As for if there are at least 1%, I would be strongly inclined to answer yes. But, that is largely independent of how many players there are online. In other words, I'd say yes if there were 1000 or 1 billion.