PDA

View Full Version : New version of HoldemManager makes my animation choppy

curtains
12-04-2008, 01:50 AM
I had to update to the newest version of HoldemManager today after Pokerstars forced an update and the HUD wouldn't work right with it. Once I did so and started playing, the video performance has become horrible. Everything is choppy and slow. I've narrowed the culprit down to Holdem Manager because everything works just as it used to as soon as I close it. It's unfortunately close to unusable at this point. Note that my database may be sort of big (800k hands or so), but there was never the slightest problem before the update.

Could this have anything to do with the archiving that it seemingly forced me to do? It made me do a ton of things before I could start like some caching of the database also? Anyone have any ideas to reverse this performance issue? Please remember that it had almost no performance affect on my computer whatsoever before the update. Thanks!

(note that I have the most updated video drivers). Im going to try it with hardware acceleration off and see if that helps.

** Update, even with hardware acceleration off its still bad and I haven't noticed any marked improvement. Im going to restart my computer and try again.

Is there any way to revert to some old version that would work? I don't need anything more than I already had. Unfortunately with the previous version the HUD doesn't seem to work right now.

morny
12-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Replied to your other post

curtains
12-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Replied to your other post

Yes I saw, but I'd rather talk to people who are successfully able to use the new version of HoldemManager and see what hardware they are using, then to ask the makers of my PC some question about a graphics card with the hope that it'll make one specific program functional, when all other programs work fine.