PDA

View Full Version : Custom Stats / Reports for ALL players

TJD
07-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Apart from the PS below, this is a repeat of a post I made in mid June, to which there has not been a reply. I know you were snowed under then; any chance of a reply now please?

If I am looking at my own data I could so something like:-

{I am in BB in a HU match and I call a raise from SB and I c/c flop and check turn and SB bets}

At this point I would have the number of occasions this set of events has happened. (A)

I could now continue and add in the filter - "folded to turn bet" and see how many times that happened. (B)

I could then manually divide B by A and see what % I folded after the original sequence leading to the SB betting the turn. Let's call this new statistic (C)

I have 2 questions:-

1) Is there any way I can use HEM to generate a stat (C) that I can simply add to the Reports screen?

2) Is there any way I can add this statistic for ALL players? In other words could I do something like go to the players tab, filter for the stakes and number of hands I wanted and then see a report that had this new statistic (C) for all these players?

TYIA

Trevor

PS now I see that we have a 101 for "reports" and I would clearly like to have stat available in a report available in the dropdown under the "players" tab. However, I cannot see these reports ("3/4 bet Stats" etc) in the reports folder which seems to only deal with those reports available under the reports tab.

How can I generate a stat and then get it included in a report so I can see how the "average" player does? (There si no "Stat picker" available for the players tab)

TYIA

T

Trevor

morny
07-28-2008, 05:57 AM
Sorry for missing your thread. A report Wizard is in the Top 5 on the priority list at the moment, so for anyone that cant get their heads around building reports from scratch like in Reports 101 this should be extremely useful for creating reports like the ones you mentioned.

As for the players section i know you currently cant add/edit reports but ill ask Roy if he can comment on whether it will be available in the future here as soon as hes available.

Rvg72
07-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Well that stat is a lot like the fold to Turn CBet stat which is available. You can also switch the Default view to PostFLop - Facing Turn CBet to see actual Check Call/Raise/Fold stats and they are available for everyone

Custom stats are 100% possible and this scenario could easily be done using custom stats but I think you'll find that the info is already there. Custom stats can not be applied to the Players Tab though - only to reports.

Roy

TJD
07-29-2008, 06:12 AM
Thx for the reply. Just a couple of comments/questions:)

1) Thx for pointing out the Post Flop addtiional filtering for reports; I had not noticed so much choice before when I was looking through. HEM is truly great in the depth of information available if we know where to look. I presume that the scenario I outlined which relies on position is found by looking at the Check/? actions as opposed to the raise/call/fold options that follow it. Is that correct?

2) When I looked at the HUD under "Player Preferences", I see there is a "Fold to River CB" stat and there is a "Fold to Turn Bet" stat but no "Fold to Turn CB" as far as I can see. Is this as it should be or have I missed it? Even so the statistic would not be exactly as I wished because it would take no account of position.

3) Clearly the list of things that your customers may wish to see could be almost endless so you cannot hard code all of them into the program but let me end with a simple scenario that I would like to build in for myself and see whether I understand how things work currently and whether you can/will be able to alter HEM to meet this wish.

a) I wish to target preflop limpers with junk hands and one of the elements of that is how often they limp and then fold to a raise preflop (I could also add the stat:- limp preflop/call raise preflop/fold to flop CB, but we'll leave that for now:))

b) I can set up this custom stat and it will appear in the stat picker but if I wanted to look at how often the players I have played against in the last 3 months did limp and fold, I could only do that at present by filtering for the last 3 months and then selecting each and every player individually and running a report with my new stat included. This is incredibly cumbersome and the easiest solution would to be able to run a report similar to those under the "players" tab perhaps via a custom report

c) If my investigation showed that there were sufficient players who were exploitable in this way then I could consider adding this stat to the HUD. However, the HUD, while displaying a vast array of available stats, does not allow me to "stat pick" as I can on the reports tab.

The overall result of this, if I have got it right, is that the ability to create a custom stat is of limited use because I cannot view the stat over all players or use it in the HUD.

Cheers,

Trevor

PS - I really like HEM. I think the prog is excellent and is also developing rapidly, getting better all the time. I have recommended it to all my poker playing buddies. Thank you; it is a great addition to my playing armoury.

Trevor

Rvg72
07-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Hi

1) yes, that's correct
2) in the hud it is called double barrel / fold to double barrel
3a) that should be in the postflop section as well - the last item in the list
3b) if you created a new stat that is not currently available in players tab then yes it is a bit of work to apply it against your entire database
3c) yes, no custom stats right now on the hud for performance reasons but we have some things in mind to change this

Now, what you can do is run a report using any stats (including custom ones), any filters etc and then click on the "use active players" check box and it will run that report against all the players you are currently seated against which could be helpful.

Roy