PDA

View Full Version : Backup Wizard Error

ReyzorxXx
02-23-2011, 02:43 AM
I'm try to back up my database to reformat my computer and get this error in the wizard

[3/23/2011 1:36 AM] error: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL. Make sure PostgreSQL is installed and working on your PC. Holdem Manager Backup/Restore does not support networked PostgreSQL connections.
My HEM works fine so the PostgreSQL is working i'm using Postgres 9.0
Thanks

netsrak
02-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Our builtin Backup / Restore doesn't support Postgresql 9.0.

You need to use the pgadmin functions for this. But i have read in another thread that this is buggy in some 9.x releases. So it may be necessary to update your 9.x installation or use another pg_dump command.

ReyzorxXx
02-23-2011, 11:56 AM
I have my Postgresql 9.0 on completely different Hard Drive, can I format my main drive and just reinstall and connect the HEM to that Postgresql 9.0 database. I would just have to reconfigure the custom features for the HEM correct? Would I run into errors doing it this way?
thanks

Patvs
02-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Yes, you can just format C:/.
Reinstall Windows on C:/--> reinstall PostgreSQL to X:/
And you can connect to your old database.

Since there is a slight chance, you will encounter connection problems. (for example if there is a corruption in the database, and it doesn't detect the database), always make sure:
-1 you've exported your NOTES and HUD from the database
-2 you also have a backup of your HMArchive folder with all the original handhistories.