PDA

View Full Version : NC doesn't count the blinds for the stack. HM does. Bug?

Valhalla
02-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Hi,

Don't know if this has been already answered, I've looked around, can't find anything.

I've notice Notecaddy doesn't count the blinds for the stacks of the small or big blind. Holdem Manager and other programs such as Wizard or ICMizer, does.

Suppose we have a hand where the blinds are 50/100. Ths SB has post 50 and has 375 points behind, and the BB has more than that.

Notecaddy understands here that the effective stack is 3,75bbs
while Holdem Manager understand the effective stack is the total amount, 4,25 bbs.

So, if I write a definition to filter the hands between 4 and 6 bbs of effective stack, NC will not return this hand, while the same filter at HM will do.

I don't think this is a bug, as I can understand the posted blinds are not part of the stack but the pot. Nonetheless, as a MTT player, I'm used to make all my calculation counting the blinds on the stacks, as every tool for sit&go and MTT does. Is there any way I can tell NC to count the blinds into the stacks, in order to make my definitions by effective stack more accurate and similar to what HM gives me?

Thanks!

sreticentv
02-13-2014, 09:05 PM
At this time NC doesn't count chips that were already committed to the pot as part of the player's stack. This could change in the future if a large amount of users agree with you.

hen
02-18-2014, 08:13 AM
If I were wanting to make a stat for the first hand using similar stack sizes to the OP, I set everyone at stack size of 10bb, if blinds were 25/50, starting stacks 500 chips. However by the sounds of it, the two guys in the blinds wouldn't show for that stack size because they've already put their chips in.

Also if you add an ante to that scenario and make it 25/50/10, would that mean a 10bb stack filter wouldn't show any of them in the first hand scenario?

Personally it seems more straightforward to use and understand if you count the blinds in the stack still, I think.

Colin252
02-18-2014, 11:35 AM
As a tourney player, it makes much more sense to me to include the BB in eff. stack depth.
It's not so hard to work around, you just have to subtract 1 from all your defs that include the BB, but I don't see the benefit of the current system.

hen
03-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Has there been any more feedback on this point? The more I think about it, the more I'd really like it to change if possible?

HossendeHaai
03-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Guess all the feedback would be in this thread. I actually like as it is now, but that prob depends on how you're expecting it to work. Always thought the calculations would be like this.

zheglov
03-06-2014, 11:07 AM
I need to include money, committed in the pot, in players stack too.

Colin252
06-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Any news on wether this has or will change?

zheglov
06-05-2014, 09:30 AM
I think, some changes were made in last release of beta. Look last pages of beta thread.