PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Issues - During trial period

Merby
12-03-2008, 04:16 AM
Hello,

I have downloaded HM and installed it without any apparent problems. I am still in the "Trial" period (14 of 15 days remaining). Based on my friends' recommendations, I believe that I will eventually like HM... if I can ever get it up and running.

When I start up HM, I get the "Validating..." window open up and immediately after that, the Licence window opens up and tells me that I have 14 of 15 days remaining and I am given options to "Register", "Buy now", "Try", etc. It is probably important to note that the "Validating..." window never disappears.

If I click "Try" I get the "Licensing Issues" window which gives 5 possible issues and recommendations for solutions.

It is also important to note, I was able to successfully get into the program once (with no licensing issues) and have been unable to get back in since then.

My setup:
I have a Macbook and am running HM through Windows XP (Pro) via Boot Camp. It is running on my administrator account.

What I have tried so far:
1) Restart the computer and restart HM
2) Search my entire computer for holdemmeneger.exe.ldat (it was not there)
3) Uninstall HM, then redownload and reinstall HM (there have been *no* changes to my computer hardware or software settings since the reinstall; I have not even run any Windows updates)
4) Add a holdemmanager.exe as an exception to my firewall settings (so that it is not blocked from accessing the internet)
5) Shut off my Antivirus software, my firewall, and my anti-spyware software, restart HM and retry.

None of these efforts have made any difference.

There have been no events logged either in my event viewer, nor my antivirus software stating that HM attempted to access the internet and was blocked, nevertheless, it seems apparent that it cannot access your server to validate.

I strongly believe that I will eventually want to purchase the program, but if I cannot solve this problem before my 15 day trial period expires, there is *no way* I would think about buying software that cannot even be accessed.

EDIT: I should also add that I searched the FAQs and the forums for similar problems but have not found any.

Al1
12-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Can you try that: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=159

Merby
12-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Can you try that: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=159

Yes, I've done everything except #7 (email log files to support). I will do that now...

EDIT: Ok, I have sent the email...