PDA

View Full Version : "Day starts at" problem

carl
12-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi,
I played a session on 11/30/08 from 21:48 to 23:25. (times according to Holdem Manager.)

When I select specific day 11/30/08 and
'Set day starts at' to
Holdem Manager shows all hands from the session.
For
Holdem Manager doesn't show a single hand.

My local time zone is Central European Time. In my local time zone the session lasted from 22:48 to 00:25.
21:48 to 23:25 is the server-time of the poker site (Everest).

I just upgraded to Holdem Manager 1.0.7 I can't tell if it was different with 1.0.6

Am I misunderstanding the "day starts at"-feature?
Is this a timezone problem?

Best regards,
carl

Al1
12-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

morny
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
This feature is only applicable to the today and yesterday filters

carl
12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
This feature is only applicable to the today and yesterday filters

No offense, but please read my post. ;)

If this is not applicable then my post describes a bug, because it does effect the "specific day filter".

Btw since the 'Today', 'Yesterday' and the 'Specific Day'-filter are grouped together I think it would be more consistent or at least simply a good feature if this would also effect the specific day-filter on purpose.

carl
12-08-2008, 11:38 AM
bump

Rvg72
12-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Can you email me some screen shots showing exactly what is happening to support@holdemmanager.net

I tried this myself and it worked exactly how it was supposed to. You do need to hit Refresh after changing this time - it will not auto refresh when you change the settings

Roy

carl
12-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the refresh-hint. With this info it seems like a very interesting and very minor bug.

I'm absolutely sure that it behaved as I wrote because I was confused by the effect so I checked it twice and then while writing the op I checked it again for every number including 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11. I think I never hit refresh, since the displayed stats/hands actually did change with different day starts at-filters, so I guess I must have thought there's an auto-refresh.

I have a computer science background myself, so a wild guess from me would be that you have a rarely occurring interface-inconsistency within the behavior of refresh and some cache, which can look like there is an auto-refresh for the day-starts at filter, while there is none.
Perhaps some interference from yesterday/today-filter. Check the date of my op 2.12. So 30.11 was at end of the day before yesterday. I think I tried out the today and yesterday filters before trying the day-starts-at-filter, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I guess to reproduce this you would need to have sessions two days ago and you need to produce some midnight-day-starts-at-interference-effect?

But I think someone who has access to the source code can make better guesses ;-)

Best regards,
Carl