PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Database Set-up

Dolfinsfan
02-22-2011, 10:08 AM
I briefly searched but, couldn't find this...

I have a huge database that is getting slower to run reports and so I want to create a second database so i can keep one very lean by deleting hand histories and the second one i want to keep all the histories so i can use it for study purposes. How do I set this up and is it best to have the second database running on a separate drive or does that not matter?

Thanks for the help!

Patvs
02-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Run a benchmark speedtest of both harddisks with CrystalDiskMark: Downloading CrystalDiskInfo (http://crystalmark.info/download/CrystalDiskMark-e.html)

And install both databases on the harddisk with the fastest results.

To setup the two databases: either backup your old database, then restore it using a different database name (holdemmanager-->file--> backup & restore)

Or just create a new empty database (options--> database management) reimport all your hands by running a import from folder on your C:/HMArchive folder. Then purge (options--> observed HH configuration--> purge) ALL HANDS of the database you won't use for study purposes.

You can also consider to just purge (options--> observed HH configuration--> purge) ALL "pot is <5BB hands" which should affect most your hands.