PDA

View Full Version : Stat positions resetting

Zac
12-02-2008, 07:39 PM
This has been annoying me for several weeks and I haven't been able to find anything about it in the FAQ.

I have observed the following sequence multiple times:

- HEM is up and running, working fine. HUD is functioning properly, stats are in the right place.
- I end my session and leave HEM open, import still running
- I come back in the morning and I have a message about an exception in a destructor (sorry, don't have the message text but can get it if necessary)
- I close HEM/table manager and get an error message saying that the Prefs file could not be written.
- The next time I start the HUD, all stats have reset to their default positions and I have to move them back to the correct spots.

It only takes a few minutes to fix, but doing it at the beginning of most of my sessions has gotten very old.

I downloaded the newest version on December 1st and it has the same problem.

Anyone have any suggestions? Will closing down table manager after each session work as a temporary fix.

Al1
12-03-2008, 06:09 AM
This has been annoying me for several weeks and I haven't been able to find anything about it in the FAQ.

I have observed the following sequence multiple times:

- HEM is up and running, working fine. HUD is functioning properly, stats are in the right place.
- I end my session and leave HEM open, import still running
- I come back in the morning and I have a message about an exception in a destructor (sorry, don't have the message text but can get it if necessary)
- I close HEM/table manager and get an error message saying that the Prefs file could not be written.
- The next time I start the HUD, all stats have reset to their default positions and I have to move them back to the correct spots.

It only takes a few minutes to fix, but doing it at the beginning of most of my sessions has gotten very old.

I downloaded the newest version on December 1st and it has the same problem.

Anyone have any suggestions? Will closing down table manager after each session work as a temporary fix.

Can you reinstall HM:
1) Make a backup of "Config" in a safe location
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upload HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe
8) Test if it works
9) Overwrite the backuped holdemmanager.config in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Import your HUDs