PDA

View Full Version : What does edge% mean in SNG Wizard?

HHLWX1
01-28-2014, 02:39 PM
What's edge% meaning?How to calculate it?

HHLWX1
01-28-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry,it seems i have asked a dumb question.I have understood the meaning of edge% now.

SitNGo Wizard
01-31-2014, 09:43 AM
The Wizard computes Diff% to be the difference in equity between pushing (or calling all-in) and folding. Pushing or calling all-in is profitable whenever Diff% is greater than zero.

There are times you may want to pass on a positive Diff% in order to reduce variance. For example, suppose an opponent pushes all-in on the first hand of a tournament and everybody folds to you in the big blind. Suppose also that when you analyze the hand in the Wizard it tells you that calling has a Diff% of +0.1%. As long as you have accurately estimated his pushing range, calling is a profitable move.

However, calling is just barely profitable (only one-tenth of a percent of the prize pool) and results in increasing your variance since you will either double up or bust out. Since you are more skilled than most of the other players (they probably aren't all using the Wizard!), you will probably have better opportunities later in the tournament. So it is probably better to pass on small advantages in the early stages of a tournament.

On the other hand, there are times when you may want to make a move that has a -Diff%. For example, suppose you just took a bad beat on the last hand and your stack is down to 3 big blinds. You are under the gun and the big blind is going to take one-third of your stack on the next hand. In the case, you may want to push a hand that is slightly -Diff% because you are unlikely to get a better opportunity in the future.

The Edge% is designed to improve your decision making by requiring that the Diff% must be greater than Edge% before the Wizard will suggest pushing or calling.

In the SitNGo Wizard help, see Reference->Default Edge for more information.