PDA

View Full Version : 3 very different questions

Gabethebabe
12-02-2008, 04:45 AM
1) Iīd be interested to know how many licenses HM has sold. Is this public knowledge?
2) Is it possible for poker clients to query my HM database (e.g. PS client looking for datamined hands)
3) Yesterday I purged 100K hands from my 2M database, took me the entire evening to do that, purging 20K at the time. I have found timeout errors doing bigger purges some time ago (dunno if this is still the case, I didnīt try).

Is there a better way?

Explanation for Q3: I mine a lot at iPoker and have a 2M database. At the end of each month I purge all datamined (i.e. no Hero) hands > 4 months old & vacuum clean. Keeps my database in shape. Also important that >4 months data is quite useless. Players change and adapt. Recently I upped my datamining A LOT and I will be looking at 500K purges. I don īņt want to spend a week doing that :p

Al1
12-02-2008, 05:28 AM
Escalated to morny (Support), he will answere asap.

Gabethebabe
12-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks.

Also was wondering if game levels or players with 0 hands associated to them can be deleted from the DB.

morny
12-02-2008, 03:01 PM
1) Sorry that information isnt available to the public

2) It would probably be capable of checking some things like what processes you have running for example but as long as your database is password protected then it cant get access to your database plus id be pretty amazed if poker clients were trying to gain access to anything other than essential things as it would be terrible publicity for them but youll need to ask the sites in question. Holdem Manager dosent do anything that infringes any sites terms and conditions so there should be a problem

3) There was some fixes recently that improved the timeout problems so download it see if it works:
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe