PDA

View Full Version : Hyper sats 1st prize wrong

RunBad4Life
01-27-2014, 07:46 AM
I'm getting that I've won $147 when I've really won $109 and so on. I have the leatest build. thread search shows last time it was mentioned was too long ago. Thanks

fozzy71
01-27-2014, 02:42 PM
If you want to send us some hands/summaries we can try to duplicate this in HM2 but if it is a problem in HM1 only it is not something we will likely address before we stop supporting it. We are planning to announce the end of life for HM1 in the very near future.

RunBad4Life
01-28-2014, 10:11 AM
hmmm I'd be happy to switch if the graphics weren't so shit.

RunBad4Life
01-28-2014, 08:20 PM
I've just bought hem2 today and pretty much want a refund. what an absolute mess it is I don't know where to begin, just the whole thing is mind boggling. Read every FAQ and am not the least bit any the wiser, the lag is beyond belief, it uses 80 billion GB of RAM , omg you cannot stop HEM1 from working it would be an absolute crime!!!!

fozzy71
01-29-2014, 05:34 PM
We had considered announcing the end of HM1 support but decided to defer it for now. I would expect a formal announcement at some point in the future but a final decision has not been made on dates as of now.

We could have issued you a trial extension for HM2 before you made the purchase. I am sorry for not clarifying that in my earlier post. We offer a limited time refund so we can issue you a refund if you email our sales team and then issue you a trial code to use while we work with you to resolve your problems to be sure it works properly before you decide if you want to upgrade.

Lagging is most often because of security software conflicts. Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2561/Set+Correct+Permissions+on+files+and+folders+HM2+u se

HM2 caches certain information in order to optimize search results and report load times. The minimum RAM that HM2 was designed for is 2GB but we recommend 4gb or 8gb+ for optimum performance. This caching is significantly faster if you have a fast hard drive (i.e. Solid State Drive). If you have a laptop with a 5,400rpm HDD and a large number of hands this process can take a fair amount of time but the pay off is that the reports will load much faster when changing from report to report in HM2 and when doing filtering/review of the reports.

The amount of caching (and thus the amount of RAM used) for an individual user is, in part, dependent on the RAM available and how much RAM is required for other applications you are running. Thus HM2 intelligently uses RAM based on a balancing act between how much you have and how much you are using elsewhere. If someone has a significant amount of RAM available, HM2 will cache more in order to further improve your response times to queries and report loading.

The size of your database will greatly affect the amount of ram that is used but it can be fine tuned as well by editing the config file.

The default and minimum Static (ProcessWorkingSetBase) memory cap is set to 350mb and the default Dynamic (ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount) is set to 400mb per 1mil hands.

The base/static cap is set to 350mb and Dynamic cap is 400mb per 1mil hands if you don't edit the config file. These values are hard-coded into the program and are not part of the config file by default. If you want to edit these values you need to add the code below to your config file and make changes from the default values.

The base/static cap can not currently be set any lower than 350mb regardless of how you edit the config file but it can be increased above 350. The Dynamic cap per hand can be changed to 0 making it effectively a static cap or increased above 400mb per 1 mil hands if you wanted.

Before you make any changes to your config file please copy/paste a copy to your desktop as a backup: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'holdemmanager'. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/130/How+to+See+Hidden+Files+in+Windows+

Leaving your config file alone is the same as putting in the following code:

<Section Name="General">
<Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="350000000" />
<Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="400" />

If you wanted to try smaller dynamic cap of say 200mb per 1 mil hands you would change it to:

<Section Name="General">
<Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="200" />

If you wanted to make it a static 350mb cap you would change it to this:

<Section Name="General">
<Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" />

Editing the first line to less than '350' would have no effect on the base/static cap.

From there you could increase the static cap to 500mb without any dynamic per hand capping by changing the config to:

<Section Name="General">
<Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetBase" Value="500000000" />
<Key Name="ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount" Value="000" />

*Note:
- The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetBase is 2100000000
- The upper limit for ProcessWorkingSetHandAmount is 850

If you have any problems or make any incorrect edits to the config file you can delete the file and it will be recreated with all default values/settings. If you had any custom settings such as archive folders you can then copy them from the \Desktop copy you made earlier or just copy/paste the entire file from your \Desktop to replace the default or improperly edited file in the \HoldemManager folder.