PDA

View Full Version : slow purge

Diesel7
12-01-2008, 10:46 PM
I've tried to purge hands thta I played half a year ago, about 100K hands. Tried different ways, but the only one works is to select hands and right-click delete selected hands, but if i select more than about 4k hands then in the end it sais timeout error and habds still there. If i slecet less then 4k hands, then it deletes them, but IT TAKES about HALF an HOUR !!! i've got pissed after spending half day to delete 20k hands!
How can I solve this problem (without getting BETA-version installed). Thanks.

Al1
12-02-2008, 05:11 AM
I've tried to purge hands thta I played half a year ago, about 100K hands. Tried different ways, but the only one works is to select hands and right-click delete selected hands, but if i select more than about 4k hands then in the end it sais timeout error and habds still there. If i slecet less then 4k hands, then it deletes them, but IT TAKES about HALF an HOUR !!! i've got pissed after spending half day to delete 20k hands!
How can I solve this problem (without getting BETA-version installed). Thanks.

Can you upgrade to the last version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Diesel7
12-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I've upgraded< but still IMPOSSIBLE to purge or delete hands in any way. the only way isto delete like 4K hands at a time, and it take about half an hour for each 4k. When i try to delete more than ~4K, after half an hour i receive message some kind of timeout and hands still there.

P.S. It's weird, i was deleting next 3k hands, received mistake again timeout and suddenly 78K out of 79K hands dissapeared. I've tried to delete 600 hands left, which i see in the upper menu, but ZERo hands show up in bottom menu and also they do not appear in the Hands Tab. This is ridiculous.

Al1
12-03-2008, 06:25 AM
I've upgraded< but still IMPOSSIBLE to purge or delete hands in any way. the only way isto delete like 4K hands at a time, and it take about half an hour for each 4k. When i try to delete more than ~4K, after half an hour i receive message some kind of timeout and hands still there.

P.S. It's weird, i was deleting next 3k hands, received mistake again timeout and suddenly 78K out of 79K hands dissapeared. I've tried to delete 600 hands left, which i see in the upper menu, but ZERo hands show up in bottom menu and also they do not appear in the Hands Tab. This is ridiculous.

Can you create a new DB: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

Import somes hands and try some purge. Is that slow too?

Diesel7
12-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Wish I could create a new DB, but I have 10mil+ hands in it and i don't have 3 days to import it back, i just did that on notebook. Can I send some logs or some reports for you to look up the problem and fix it? Thanks.

Al1
12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Wish I could create a new DB, but I have 10mil+ hands in it and i don't have 3 days to import it back, i just did that on notebook. Can I send some logs or some reports for you to look up the problem and fix it? Thanks.

Don't import the totality, just some K to recreate your issue.

Diesel7
12-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Excuse me?

Al1
12-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Excuse me?

K = thousands :)

Perhaps import 50'000 hands and test some purge.

Diesel7
12-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I've imported 100K hands, after that went to PURGE. Selected from Dec 6th, it said evaluating and delteing...4k hand...8k hands... etc. After that I've tried to import same hands back again and it sais 0 files to process. WTF?!?
P.S. It's datamined hands, not a single hand of my own.

2)Also i have a problem at the table. All the time i used to see VPIP in the left upper corner, but since I've upgraded to 1.07 i see:
VP##PF1$##
#=different number for different tables. And i can't get rid of this weird line. Clickin unmark Show Table VPIP in Player Preferences doesn't change anything, also restarting HM.

3)I've tried to add Name or Abbr.Name and it doesn't show up on the tables. Same with Number of Pots (1,2,3) - neither's showing up.

I've learned how to work with HM pretty good, so i don't see anything that I could've made wrong or haven't tried yet.

I feel like I am some beta-tester. Please, don't make beta-version official release until it gets really stable, because now I have to spend next 3 days deleting this 10mil+ DB( and i don't even know how will I do it, the PURGE DOESN'T WORK!), then delete HM, install 1.06.03 version (which at least i didn't have problems except purging) and import those 10mil+ hands again.

well, almost 10mil:

select count(*) from pokerhands = 9,797,671
Trough Players tab = 52,673,061

Is there way to delete specific time hands trough PGAdmin?

Al1
12-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Can you try to reinstall HM completely first:

1) Make a backup of "Config" in a safe location
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upload HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe
8) Test if it works
9) Overwrite the backuped holdemmanager.config in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Import your HUDs

Diesel7
12-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Uhm...Sir... I've already did that...twice on 2 computers, don't feel like spending another 3 days to import hands again.
I can send some files for you, guys, to fix this issue.
Don't bother with HUD thing, all i need to work for right now is purging. Thanks.

Al1
12-07-2008, 03:58 AM
Uhm...Sir... I've already did that...twice on 2 computers, don't feel like spending another 3 days to import hands again.
I can send some files for you, guys, to fix this issue.
Don't bother with HUD thing, all i need to work for right now is purging. Thanks.

Reinstalling HM don't delete your hands. Your hands are in postgreSQL.

You can send your hands to morny (Support), he will answere asap: morny@holemmanager.net

Link this thread in the email too.