PDA

View Full Version : A proposition that everyone will enjoy! (srsly) EVERYONE READ PLEASE

LaserSaysPew
01-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Hello! I've got a proposition for you!
Guys, you've got impressive and fully operational Table Ninja 1. Why don't you just INCLUDE it in Table Ninja 2. So that if a person pays his subscription, he or she has an option to turn tn2 into tn1. Completely. So that tn2 would work just like tn1 did. I mean 100%. That would be really great!
Seriously, at least think about it! Because tn1 was really awesome. It was nearly perfect. And tn2 isn't. Right now I feel like I bought the right to be your beta tester with all those lags, bugs, not working features and not even existing features(that existed in tn1 btw).
Please, consider that, I beg of you.

And for all of you folks that agree with me, sign your name. It may happen that something will work out if people show they want the same.

sideshow
01-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi,

I have forward your request to our lead developer he will reply to you shortly.

jtorjo
01-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Hello! I've got a proposition for you!
Guys, you've got impressive and fully operational Table Ninja 1. Why don't you just INCLUDE it in Table Ninja 2. So that if a person pays his subscription, he or she has an option to turn tn2 into tn1. Completely. So that tn2 would work just like tn1 did. I mean 100%. That would be really great!
Seriously, at least think about it! Because tn1 was really awesome. It was nearly perfect. And tn2 isn't. Right now I feel like I bought the right to be your beta tester with all those lags, bugs, not working features and not even existing features(that existed in tn1 btw).
Please, consider that, I beg of you.

And for all of you folks that agree with me, sign your name. It may happen that something will work out if people show they want the same.

Hi LaserSaysPew,

I'm really sorry about your issues. We definitely want to fix them.

Having said that, we cannot include TN1 into TN2, because they are very different implementations.

1. We just released a new version - 2.2.160, which is still marked beta, but I think it should solve the lags.
2. Please let us know what your issues are, and we'd love to help you/fix them - perhaps maybe some misconfig?
3. I'll have Denise set up a teamviewer with you - so we can understand and fix the problems you're having.

Best,
John

LaserSaysPew
01-23-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry, isn't Table Ninja 1 a fully operational standalone program? You can just copy/paste it to the TN2 folder, draw a checkbox, write couple code strings for that checkbox to work and just launch tn1 instead of tn2. And then we all will pretend you guys implemented tn1 into tn2 and be very grateful to you. ;)

Wanna know my issues? Sure, why not. Here you go:
1. I don't want to see any boarders at all just to be able to see my stack in bbs. TN1 didn't force me to do that.
2. I want to cycle tables in Z-order without looping problems. Yeah, tn1 actually had them too, but it had a magical checkbox called "Fix cycling loops"(or smth like that).
3. I really don't like the delay. Lots of missclicks(wrong bets actually) because of it. TN1 didn't have that problem. "join waitlist" also works horribly slow. It's literally faster to just left click table, then left click "join waiting list" button. lol
4. I don't want tn2 dealing with popping tables. Because it's really weird. Tables live their own lives on the background and I feel like I'm peeping on them. And because if I have a table with action it just won't go anywhere. I try to change focus but it keeps coming to the foreground just yelling to my face "NO! NO! GO F$^& YOURSELF, YOU WILL TAKE ACTION FIRST". But I want to cycle tables, and somehow it's connected. Once again: tn1 - no problems at all.
5. Sometimes bets don't work at all.
6. Sometimes it crashes.
7. I had to contact support and change some sort of hidden config to make "join waitlist" hotkey work.

Those are the problems I can think of right now. If I remember anything else, I'll edit this message or post a new one.

jtorjo
01-24-2014, 07:45 AM
I'm sorry, isn't Table Ninja 1 a fully operational standalone program? You can just copy/paste it to the TN2 folder, draw a checkbox, write couple code strings for that checkbox to work and just launch tn1 instead of tn2. And then we all will pretend you guys implemented tn1 into tn2 and be very grateful to you. ;)

Wanna know my issues? Sure, why not. Here you go:
1. I don't want to see any boarders at all just to be able to see my stack in bbs. TN1 didn't force me to do that.
2. I want to cycle tables in Z-order without looping problems. Yeah, tn1 actually had them too, but it had a magical checkbox called "Fix cycling loops"(or smth like that).
3. I really don't like the delay. Lots of missclicks(wrong bets actually) because of it. TN1 didn't have that problem. "join waitlist" also works horribly slow. It's literally faster to just left click table, then left click "join waiting list" button. lol
4. I don't want tn2 dealing with popping tables. Because it's really weird. Tables live their own lives on the background and I feel like I'm peeping on them. And because if I have a table with action it just won't go anywhere. I try to change focus but it keeps coming to the foreground just yelling to my face "NO! NO! GO F$^& YOURSELF, YOU WILL TAKE ACTION FIRST". But I want to cycle tables, and somehow it's connected. Once again: tn1 - no problems at all.
5. Sometimes bets don't work at all.
6. Sometimes it crashes.
7. I had to contact support and change some sort of hidden config to make "join waitlist" hotkey work.

Those are the problems I can think of right now. If I remember anything else, I'll edit this message or post a new one.

Hi LaserSaysPew,

1. Fair enough. We just implemented it today. In fact, we implemented more than that - you can select which frames you can see and which you don't (like, you can just disable the "Needs Attention" frames). We'll push a new version live towards the end of the weekend - please note that it will probably be a BETA version.
2. Cycling in Z-order should work - there's a checkbox in Table control >> Cycling. What is wrong with it?
3a. Noone likes delay :) Basically we've improved the responsiveness a lot in the last few months. Do you have the latest version (2.2.160 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/TN2Update2.2.160.msi )
3b. "Join waitlist" was a bit slow in order to make TN2 work faster. Anyway, I trust Denise explained how to make this faster.
4. We're sorry about that. Do you have Table Control >> Stealing focus from other applications set to "Bring it to foreground (steal focus)"? Perhaps changing it to "Bring it to top just behind the active application" would make things better? In that case, you can go to any other app, and the active table will remain behind your active app. Would that help?
5. That should not happen - is that on Full Tilt? Sending us the logs - when this happens - would definitely help.
Also, what version do you have? In case it's not 2.2.160, I trust you have 2.2.134 - which is the latest stable version. Things should be better on 2.2.160 and we're working on making things even faster (for Full Tilt) - we should have a new version fixing that mid-to-end next week
6. I think your issue should be fixed in 2.2.134.

In case you have any other issues, please let us know.

Best,
John

LaserSaysPew
01-24-2014, 08:44 AM
First of all, the link to 2.2.160 doesn't work.
I've got 2.2.157 version and I play at Pokerstars.com.
1. There's only one checkbox: allow frames. I guess you're talking about 2.2.160 and it's awesome, but I don't have it. So the problem remains. How did you manage to implement it today when Table Ninja 1, your very own program, had it ages ago?
2. Yes, there's a checkbox. The only problem is that checking it results in cycling between 2 tables when I've got 24.
3a. Responsiveness is still worse than it was in tn1. That's why I suggest you adding tn1 as a standalone part of your "Table Ninja monthly subscription". So that people could have a choice.
3b. Not really sure who Denise is, will look it up.
4. Well, maybe, that'll really help. But I still need to cycle tables. And right now I am just using PokerStars client to cycle it's own tables, because tn2 can't do that.
5. No, it's on PokerStars.
6. Hm... Do you mean 2.2.154?
7. Oh, btw. I don't really use your check/call hotkey. I want two different hotkeys for those actions. Just like tn1 had. =)
8. SnG sensei doesn't count total/opened sngs if it's not running. tn1's sng sensei did. ;)

jtorjo
01-24-2014, 10:20 AM
First of all, the link to 2.2.160 doesn't work.
I've got 2.2.157 version and I play at Pokerstars.com.
1. There's only one checkbox: allow frames. I guess you're talking about 2.2.160 and it's awesome, but I don't have it. So the problem remains. How did you manage to implement it today when Table Ninja 1, your very own program, had it ages ago?
2. Yes, there's a checkbox. The only problem is that checking it results in cycling between 2 tables when I've got 24.
3a. Responsiveness is still worse than it was in tn1. That's why I suggest you adding tn1 as a standalone part of your "Table Ninja monthly subscription". So that people could have a choice.
3b. Not really sure who Denise is, will look it up.
4. Well, maybe, that'll really help. But I still need to cycle tables. And right now I am just using PokerStars client to cycle it's own tables, because tn2 can't do that.
5. No, it's on PokerStars.
6. Hm... Do you mean 2.2.154?
7. Oh, btw. I don't really use your check/call hotkey. I want two different hotkeys for those actions. Just like tn1 had. =)
8. SnG sensei doesn't count total/opened sngs if it's not running. tn1's sng sensei did. ;)

Hi,

0. Sorry about the link - I fixed it. Please re-check.
1a. It's not publicly available yet :)
1b. You're right about TN1 had it ages ago. Sorry about that - we implemented this very differently in TN2 - to allow several Display items
2. Ok, that is a bug - will look into that. I'm guessing turning that checkbox off won't help either.
3a. If you could send the logs to support@tableninja.com I could definitely take a look. We definitely want this sorted out.
3b. Denise is in charge of our customer support :)
4. I will look into cycling tables - I'm guessing you're in Stack mode, yes?
5. Is this betting hotkeys or presets? How often does it happen?
7. I see - please note that the Fold hotkey checks if Check is present, and Call/Check will call.
8. You mean after you stop and restart it, it starts counting from zero, or do you mean that once stopped, it just says "Sensei not running"?

Best,
John

LaserSaysPew
01-24-2014, 01:46 PM
One more suggestion from me.
You guys should rename something(!!) into Table Ninja Retro and include that into "Table Ninja 2 subscription package" as a bonus. Or just sell a different subscription "Table Ninja Retro"... or, let's say, "Table Ninja Oldschool". *irresistibly winks*

Trying to defeat tn2 on 12 tables for now, will reply to the message later.

jtorjo
01-30-2014, 11:12 PM

Hi LaseSaysPew,

About cycling in Z-order - this is a pretty difficult issue to implement when you're using Pokerstars' Stack layout.

Just asking:
Wny not use TN2's Stack mode and then you would not need to click that "cycle in Z-order" checkbox.

Or, to make sure I understand:
When you act on a table, you assume that table goes to the bottom. Therefore, clicking "Cycle Backward" should bring that table to front.
So if you act on table A, then on table B, hitting Cycle Backward will get table B. Hitting it again would bring table A.

Is this what you want? If so, we can definitely implement it.

Best,
John

jtorjo
02-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi LaseSaysPew,

About cycling in Z-order - this is a pretty difficult issue to implement when you're using Pokerstars' Stack layout.

Just asking:
Wny not use TN2's Stack mode and then you would not need to click that "cycle in Z-order" checkbox.

Or, to make sure I understand:
When you act on a table, you assume that table goes to the bottom. Therefore, clicking "Cycle Backward" should bring that table to front.
So if you act on table A, then on table B, hitting Cycle Backward will get table B. Hitting it again would bring table A.

Is this what you want? If so, we can definitely implement it.

Best,
John

Hi again,

About cycling: If that was the issue, will be fixed in the next release. Just make sure to have "Stack" layout on TN2, and you can should disable the "cycle in Z-order" checkbox.

Best,
John