PDA

View Full Version : HEM startup bug; Vista Ultimate

raindog
12-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Just assembled a new computer, Installed Vista Ultimate, ran Windows Update...

See attachment for error print screen.

The version of HEM I installed was the latest (full) release downloaded about an hour ago. Just to be safe, I also downloaded and applied the latest patch but as far as I can tell that ought to be the same version.

Any ideas? Vista is all very strange to me so far so it's quite possible that this is just me not realizing I have a security setting that says "please crash my programs intermittently to keep them on their toes."

Edit: Oh yeah, the print screen actually shows the second part of the message from Vista. The first reads:

"Holdem Manager has encountered a user-defined break-point."

Incidentally, I'm getting a bunch of crashes with IE7 as well. Not sure if it's related.

morny
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Please disable UAC http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

raindog
12-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Turned off the UAC, rebooted - same problem still there, unfortunately. :(

raindog
12-02-2008, 11:32 AM
I realize that I should perhaps add that this particular bug isn't intermittent; this is every time upon starting up. It's not random when it occurs, that is.

Heinz
12-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I have exactly the same problem with Vista. I installed the latest update yesterday and since then the program doesnt work anymore. I also disabled the UAC but this does not fix it.

Each time i start HM the error message states: " Holdemmanager has stopped working"

raindog
12-02-2008, 01:06 PM
I have exactly the same problem with Vista. I installed the latest update yesterday and since then the program doesnt work anymore. I also disabled the UAC but this does not fix it.

Each time i start HM the error message states: " Holdemmanager has stopped working"

Out of curiosity, have you run on Vista with earlier versions or was this your first installation? I haven't tried to run an older version of HEM on this machine, perhaps I should.

Heinz
12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
I have run earlier versions, they all worked fine. I have never updated before yesterday

morny
12-02-2008, 04:46 PM
HM definetely wont work with UAC enabled so regardless whether this fixes the problem or not youll need to keep that disabled. Can ye email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net

raindog
12-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Would it be possible to revert back to an older version of HEM and see if that works? Or would that require me to uninstall and reinstall from scratch and then presumably also re-register?

raindog
12-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Additional info that I just found:

Description
Stopped working

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: HoldemManager.exe
Application Version: 1.6.0.0
Application Timestamp: 0000002a
Fault Module Name: comctl32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.10.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791948e
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 0012ddf7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1036714010

paulwright
12-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Having same problem. I had downloaded HEM a couple of months ago and uninstalled. Was hoping to try again this time with a view to buying. DL'd latest version today. However I get a Vista program crash after double clicking icon. UAC is not on.
"Holdem Manager has stopped working". Stuck!
Note - unlike OP - I d not even get a HEM splash screen...

morny
12-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=14

If the problem persists uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL aswell http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=72

And finally backup your config folder in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config then uninstall HoldemManager and delete the RVGSoftware in C:\Program Files and reinstall the Full version from www.holdemmanager.net and update to the latest patch and run HM, only replace your config files after youve tested HM is working first and then copy all your files back to the config folder while HM is closed down

virge
12-12-2008, 06:46 PM

Same, HEM won't run for me after lastest Vista updates. Finally had it working reliably after 1.07.. and now nada

virge
12-12-2008, 07:01 PM
reinstalling .NET seems to have worked, ty :cool:

paulwright
12-12-2008, 11:12 PM
"Delete the RVGSoftware in C:\Program Files and reinstall the Full version"
This worked for me. Thank you.

Now my problem is that because I had installed it once before and never used it - the 15 day trial is expired. I have no way to tell if I can get this whole thing working with the SQL database etc.

Currently I use PT2 - but have not been able to successfully convert the Access db to SQL. So I have no idea if SQL is the problem for me or not?

Any advice on getting a new trial for 2 or 3 days to see if I can get it going?

Cheers...

morny
12-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately the trial cant be extended as its controlled by 3rd party software. We will work with you however when you do buy to make sure its working.