PDA

View Full Version : TN 2.2.154.0 unfortunate update

RManPT
01-17-2014, 05:32 PM
Dear Sirs,

I've been trying and struggling to get to understand,configure and finding my way around some issues on TN in trial mode. Just can't believe on what just happened. There was an update today and all the bet presets were gone, the whole system is redone, all the filters I've fought to work out are gone and I find that the whole system is totally redone (In a non intuitive way I may add).

I don't care for hotkeys, I don't want to be forced to use them, I want TN to work out my filters and decide the bet amounts that are appropriate for each situation. Do filters override hotkeys?

Even after trying to understand and make some use of this "***** new way" I find that there are a number of issues (some are old). In some occasions I can't even edit a row (the rows to click do not match with what I want to change, old issue with "order by column", you should figure that out before making such a huge change), and forget about adding filters or change them after the line is set up without finding out where to click by trial and error.

Haven't tried it yet, just hope SnG Wizard doesn't have any more issues than already did (the one about "order by" exists there as it exists in bet presets)

Before this update I was considering buying this sw only because of these 2 feature, that although having several issues, I had managed to work around most of them and had found some value in them, with this update I completely changed my mind. I don't want to invest on something that randomly completely changes, bringing new issues, without firstly solving previous ones.

So, it is quite unfortunate that this would happen on the very last trial day and I won't even be able to get used to it. Anyway here are my considerations and contribute to the evolution of this sw. Sure hope it will get to the point where it is really dependable. Would like to hear from you about this.

Thank you.

jtorjo
01-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi RManPT,

We're really sorry about your issues.
1. Due to feedback, we decided to make the UI easier. Perhaps we did hurt some existing users, and we apologize for this.
If you want to edit in place, you can check the "Advanced Allow in-place editing" - which will allow you to change everything in-place.
Please note that clicking on the "Filter" button will create a new filter - basically, the same hotkey, but when certain conditions are met, will bet something else.
2. The SnG wizard should not have changed.
3. If you could send us your settings (Help >> Contact Support >> Send Logs to TableNinja), we'll try to reproduce your issue - the rows you want to edit are different than what you edit.
4. We will extend your trial.

Best,
John

RManPT
01-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Hello John,

I'm very sorry for my late reply but was away for a while. I'd like to send you the logs but just can't run TN any more.

The issue about editing the wrong row you click happens both in the new "bet preset" and in sensei. If you click a column header to reorder your rows everything gets messed up and when you click on something you get another result than you expect. Very easy to reproduce.

Are you telling me that I'm really forced to use a hotkey? Isn't there a possibility to create filters (as they were) in the default category without having to set a hotkey and keep having the behaviour as before the update? BTW how about excluding the antes from the calculation when you set a ie 2BB+1 * limper? (Gets really weird sizing when antes kick in)

Did mess around with "bet presets" before reading your reply and the trial definitely ended (was on the laste day) and found out the the creation of filters also doesn't work if I use "Advanced Allow in-place editing". When a row in created it gets stuck there :/ Is it me? Been using and programming advanced software for 20 years and didn't figure it out.

Are you willing to extend the trial? Great, I'll give it a shot, lets see if you solve this things in time so I can really trial what you intend us to trial. I'm keen to help in any way you find adequate. If you wish I can try replicate the issues I talk about in a remote desktop connection I then we'll see if is it just me not understanding how things work. (of course you will have to forgive me for my poor spoken english, it's quite worst than the written one :P

How do we proceed to enable me having enough time to really test TN out after this issues are solved? Meanwhile I uninstalled it but I'm willing to give it a go.

RManPT
01-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi John,

I'd like to answer to sideshow's message but can't.. why is that?

jtorjo
01-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Hi John,

I'd like to answer to sideshow's message but can't.. why is that?

Hi RManPT,

What error do you get? If you can't write here, please PM me

Best,
John

RManPT
01-31-2014, 12:52 AM
Hi,

the problem is just that, can't send PM. There is no option to reply to his message and can't create PMs, "don't have permissions" ?

RManPT
01-31-2014, 08:44 AM
Anyway I think you can access my profile data and get my email address.

RManPT
02-05-2014, 07:27 PM
No solution? Do I have to post my email in a public thread? What is the ETA for next update?

TY in advance.

jtorjo
02-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Hello John,

I'm very sorry for my late reply but was away for a while. I'd like to send you the logs but just can't run TN any more.

The issue about editing the wrong row you click happens both in the new "bet preset" and in sensei. If you click a column header to reorder your rows everything gets messed up and when you click on something you get another result than you expect. Very easy to reproduce.

Are you telling me that I'm really forced to use a hotkey? Isn't there a possibility to create filters (as they were) in the default category without having to set a hotkey and keep having the behaviour as before the update? BTW how about excluding the antes from the calculation when you set a ie 2BB+1 * limper? (Gets really weird sizing when antes kick in)

Did mess around with "bet presets" before reading your reply and the trial definitely ended (was on the laste day) and found out the the creation of filters also doesn't work if I use "Advanced Allow in-place editing". When a row in created it gets stuck there :/ Is it me? Been using and programming advanced software for 20 years and didn't figure it out.

Are you willing to extend the trial? Great, I'll give it a shot, lets see if you solve this things in time so I can really trial what you intend us to trial. I'm keen to help in any way you find adequate. If you wish I can try replicate the issues I talk about in a remote desktop connection I then we'll see if is it just me not understanding how things work. (of course you will have to forgive me for my poor spoken english, it's quite worst than the written one :P

How do we proceed to enable me having enough time to really test TN out after this issues are solved? Meanwhile I uninstalled it but I'm willing to give it a go.

Hi RManPT,

1. We released two more versions since then.
2. We disabled sorting on betting tab
3. You should be able to use presets - I'm not sure 100% what you want to accomplish
4. We have implemented quite a few fixes related to removing antes when computing limpers.
5. Yes, will extend you trial.
6. I will have Denise contact you to set up a teamviewer with you.

Best,
John

RManPT
02-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Thank you John.

Received new message form sideshow but still can't reply, there is no reply option and when I try to create a new message do send I get this:

RManPT, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How can I send my email to sideshow if I can't reply? (although my email is already known to you)

Waiting for Denise's contact so we can arrange the tm session.

Regards,
Rui

Sarek
02-07-2014, 03:21 PM
just email to
support@tableninja.com

sideshow
02-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi,

I sent a PM giving you my skype contact please add me on skype.