PDA

View Full Version : Report stat wrong?

Mendez
11-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I've noticed some apparent discrepancies between the stats which appear in the HUD and the stats which appear in the Report.

Firstly, regarding my own stats, with no filters in the report nor the HUD:

In the Report, my VPIP/PFR is shows 50/44 over 88k hands

In the HUD, my VPIP/PFR shows 44/38 over 85k hands.

(it's also strange that the number of hands should be different, though the difference in hands is not enough to explain the difference in vpip/pfr)

So I tried to identify where the discrepancy lies, and it seems that it's in the hands in the big blind (I only play HUNL):

In my HUD the following stats show:

BB VPIP: 26

In the report:

big blind VPIP: 19

I randomly chose another player from my database (against whom I'd played) and his stats also show a discrepancy:

HUD

BB VPIP: 78
Call vs Steal: 64
3bet: 13

big blind VPIP 66
CC: 64
3bet: 13
BB defend vs steal: 78

In this case the number of hands was identical (105). When I was on the btn, I never limped. So this player always had a choice of calling or 3betting in the big blind. So the HUD stats appear correct, in that the VPIP= Call + 3bet. In the report, CC% is equivalent to Call vs Steal, BB defend vs Steal is equivalent to BB VPIP (because I never limped). So the stat which appears to be wrong is big blind VPIP in the report.

morny
11-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Can you define where your getting the HUD stats from because when your playing live it should only show your session stats not your total stats so i need to know exactly where your getting these stats from

Also tell me the exact version of HM your using

Mendez
12-02-2008, 07:33 AM
HUD stats are from the hand replayer.

I'm using 1.06.04 beta 13.

morny
12-02-2008, 05:36 PM
This is fixed in the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Mendez
12-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I've installed the new update and the problem is still there.

Mendez
12-03-2008, 10:30 AM
OK- I've identified the discrepancy.

Looking at the same player I mentioned in the OP, on whom I have 105 hands (this is HUNL).

I look at all the hands (53 total) he played in the BB.

Of these 53 hands, the SB either raised or folded, so the BB never had the opportunity to check.

8 hands there was no action because the SB folded.
29 times the BB called the SB's pfr
10 times the BB folded to the SB's pfr
6 times the BB 3bet the SB's pfr.

Total: 53.

In the report ( in the BB) the stats are:

VPIP: 66%
PFR%: 11.3%
CC%: 64.4%
3bet%: 13.3%
BB defend steal: 77.8%

Checking these stats, the CC% is correct (29/53= 0.644). The 3bet% is correct (6/53=0.133). Defend to steal is correct (CC%+3bet%=0.644+0.133=0.778).I've no idea what the PFR% is in this case (seeing as the SB never limped). VPIP% is calculated by taking the times he called or raised a pfr divided by the TOTAL number of hands ((29+6)/53=0.66). This is where the difference is between the Report and the HUD: the HUD BB VPIP seems to be calculated by taking the the times he voluntarily put money in the pot divided by the times he had the opportunity to do so (not by total number of hands). So in the present example, the HUD BB VPIP shows 77.8%, because the 8 hands where the SB folded the BB had no opportunity to put money in the pot.

I hope that makes sense.

morny
12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Escalated To Roy