PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install updates

drboid
02-20-2011, 12:55 PM
After smooth and frequent updates to all new releases, I've been unable to update HEM past version 1.11.01a. With site updates/new games etc, this is becoming a bit of a issue.
Sarek recently gave me the advice below to try update and fix another problem, but having followed these steps I still can't update HEM and have to restore to the old version once the update fails:

uninstall antivirus \ firewall and set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

I am running Vista 32bit and have UAC turned off, therefore the 'run as admin' boxes are greyed out. However, I turned it back on and checked the appropriate boxes above before disabling UAC again and uninstalling my AV and firewall (Avast and PC Tools Firewall Plus). I then tried to run the latest update, but encountered the usual problems as HEM refused to replace certain files and the install failed.

Is there anything else you can recommend to get around these problems?

Thanks

netsrak
02-20-2011, 02:04 PM
You get replace errors?
This usually means that parts of HM are running while you try to install the update.
Please reboot your computer and install the update again as first thing.
If that doesn't help please post a screenshot of the error message.

drboid
02-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi netsrak

Just tried this, but it didn't help.

I get error 1 shortly after the installer starts. I then get the confirmation pop-up that installation has been successful, but when I click to close that, error 2 pops up.

When I then click on the HEM icon I get error 3, then, when I close this, finally error 4 pops up.

I have had this series of errors before, but last time I attempted the install it was the 'replace' errors I was getting, and re-booting first seems to have stopped these....

Thanks

netsrak
02-21-2011, 04:54 AM
The first message tells me that you have a permission problem. Please run the update installer as administrator:
1. download and save the updater: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

2. navigate to the folder where you saved the file and right-click on the file. Select "Run as admininstrator".

drboid
02-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks netsrak, problem solved!

Guess I should learn to use a computer or something :D