PDA

View Full Version : HEM1 and cloud

AlphaScorpii
12-31-2013, 01:57 PM
I am wondering about people experience with cloud on HEM1. Is it running smooth? Any problems?
I bought laptop so would like to play on both computers with same database and I prefer HEM1 over HEM2.

udbrky
12-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Cloud is not possible with HM1. HM1 support is wrapping up and will not receive new features.

fozzy71
01-01-2014, 03:29 PM
I would suggest you backup the database on one computer and restore it to the 2nd computer to get the most accurate results. Then you will want to use Dropbox to synchronize your C:\HMArchive folder on both computers and each time you change computers you will want to import the newest files from your archive manually.

AlphaScorpii
01-01-2014, 04:38 PM
I would suggest you backup the database on one computer and restore it to the 2nd computer to get the most accurate results. Then you will want to use Dropbox to synchronize your C:\HMArchive folder on both computers and each time you change computers you will want to import the newest files from your archive manually.

Thanks, but if there will be no more HEM1 releases I'm not sure how much worth is it to do all this stuff.. guess I will have to move to HEM2 then.

fozzy71
01-01-2014, 04:54 PM
I would agree with you.

Please see this FAQ so you can upgrade your HM1 code to a HM2 code - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1721/HM2%7B47%7DOM2+Price+and+Upgrade+Policy

Once you have a HM2 license you can also apply to be a HM Cloud alpha tester which you might like.

AlphaScorpii
01-01-2014, 06:17 PM
I would agree with you.

Please see this FAQ so you can upgrade your HM1 code to a HM2 code - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1721/HM2%7B47%7DOM2+Price+and+Upgrade+Policy

Once you have a HM2 license you can also apply to be a HM Cloud alpha tester which you might like.

I do have HEM2 but I moved back to HEM1 after playing 2 months on HEM2 because I like HEM1 more... HEM1 runs more smooth, it's better optimised (HEM2 sometimes makes everything slow after playing for 2hours or so) and overall HEM1 is faster. (it's not computer problem... I got i5, 8GB and SSD).

fozzy71
01-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Please give HM2 another try and let us know how it goes. We have made lots of HM2 performance improvements over the past 12 months. I have a similar spec'd machine and I haven't used HM1 while playing since HM2 was released. I actually use HM Cloud 99% of the time when playing for the HUD and run HM2 at the same time as well but that is only because I am testing HM Cloud and looking for discrepancies with HM Cloud compared to HM2. If you play cash games you should definitely give HM Cloud Alpha a try. It is incredibly light weight and uses minimal resources.

AlphaScorpii
01-02-2014, 11:03 AM
I will install HEM2 on laptop and see how it goes... thnx.