PDA

View Full Version : calling ranges at level?

Dr1Gonzo
02-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Is there some way to find out the most common all in calling ranges for a SNG level using HEM?

For example, analyse the database for players who called all in when their M was between 3 and 8 and output the range of hands?

The Minder
02-20-2011, 07:59 PM
With an 3 < M > 8, villain is pretty much in shove ATC mode, especially if blinds are about to increase or antes about to kick in. Trying to discern a villain holecard pattern probably wouldn't produce reliable results except that ATC was apparent.

Anyway, I don't think HM could produce the output you seek.

Dr1Gonzo
02-21-2011, 04:02 AM
With an 3 < M > 8, villain is pretty much in shove ATC mode, especially if blinds are about to increase or antes about to kick in. Trying to discern a villain holecard pattern probably wouldn't produce reliable results except that ATC was apparent.

Anyway, I don't think HM could produce the output you seek.

That's exactly the point, I want to know when I shove my stack, what the villain calling ranges are based over x thousand hands.
It will give me a calling range perfectly setup against me and at the level.
3 to 8 is not necessarily any two cards time (maybe 5 and below) and the calling range is more important than the pushing range although that would also be useful.

Something like:
if hero raises all in, check if villain called:
if villain called, check stack divided by blinds, if M between 3 and 8 then export holecards to another table in the db.
I could then analyze that table and find out the frequency of each type of hand.

The Minder
02-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Just some thoughts:

No matter how many SnGs you play, the chances of building 'x' thousand hands against a particular villain based on:

when the villain is feeling in a particular mood,
at a particular blind level,
with the same seating,
with the same button position,
same stack sizes,
etc

are almost impossible. However, this information is critical in understanding villain's decision to call. If you ever were to get to such a position you would not need a HUD to tell you villain is either ripe for the picking or to be avoided like the plague.

Nonetheless, I also grind SnGs and for a giggle I created a report that showed the time I shoved with M < 10 and got called by villains so that I could see villain's holecards. In a db of nearly 4 years, there about 40 instances where a villain called me on two occasions and only three instances where a villain called me on three occasions. All other 'hits' were for a single villain event.

I don't think basing a decision on only two, or three hands is valid.

Dr1Gonzo
02-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Just some thoughts:

No matter how many SnGs you play, the chances of building 'x' thousand hands against a particular villain based on:

when the villain is feeling in a particular mood,
at a particular blind level,
with the same seating,
with the same button position,
same stack sizes,
etc

are almost impossible. However, this information is critical in understanding villain's decision to call. If you ever were to get to such a position you would not need a HUD to tell you villain is either ripe for the picking or to be avoided like the plague.

Nonetheless, I also grind SnGs and for a giggle I created a report that showed the time I shoved with M < 10 and got called by villains so that I could see villain's holecards. In a db of nearly 4 years, there about 40 instances where a villain called me on two occasions and only three instances where a villain called me on three occasions. All other 'hits' were for a single villain event.

I don't think basing a decision on only two, or three hands is valid.

It's not 1 villain that I want the stats for but all villains at that level.
I would adjust accordingly for an individual but the average calling range for villains at a particular SNG level is important.

So, any ideas on how to create the report?
All the data should be available but I'm not sure how to go about it, which database tables to look at, etc.

Dr1Gonzo
02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
So, any ideas on how to create the report?
All the data should be available but I'm not sure how to go about it, which database tables to look at, etc

The Minder
02-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I really think this would not produce meaningful results, however I would never try and stop someone from trying new things or uncovering new elements to the game. Unfortunately, HM has no provision that I can see for producing ad hoc reports such as what you seek. I used a competitor to produce the report I quoted.

Gl with this... is an interesting concept.