PDA

View Full Version : Exporting hands from today only

benthj
11-29-2008, 10:45 AM
I use 1.06.04 rc 10. I installed this to use the archiving of the Ongame hands. However, I run dual DB with PT2 and normally import all hands to PT2 when I finish a session (using HEM while playing). I made an import to PT2 half way through the session, and shut HEM down when I finished it.

Does HEM archieve the hands when I shut down, as I could now import to PT2 after I did this? Also, is there any way to export only the hands from today (or a given date range) as I would hate to export the entire DB everytime I screw up like this?

Come to think of it, if the files are archived, I assume I can import to PT2 from here, but where do I find the archieve?

Just looked for it in my eurobet/resources/databases folder, but not there, and even the statistics file is gone. Howcome is is gone, and do I have to create a new one everytime I have shut HEM down?

I'm a bit confused right now as to how the archieving works and what it does.

morny
11-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Basically dont worry it will all run fine, HM archives every 15mins after the files havent been modified so you can run a PT import shortly after finishing with HM.

HM now moves the database and next time you start Ongame it will create a new one, HM works much better with a smaller database so this is a good thing.

benthj
11-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Morny

I perfectly agree, and think I also mentioned that you need to keep the DB small to make it run the best possible in another thread.

However. How do I get those last few hundred hands from HEM to PT2, as the DB is now gone, and I would prefer not having to export my entire DB?

morny
11-29-2008, 08:37 PM
The database should be moved to C:\HMArchive or a folder you specified during setting up import folders just reimport from there

benthj
12-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Found it, but this is really no good. Because HEM changes filename on the DB all the time, I cannot import to PT afterwards (as said, I use both programs - HEM when playing - PT for financial score).

I have tried but its really a huge mess. Even if I ask PT2 to go to the DB's in HMArchive it comes up with an error most of the time.

Is there an easy way to just export hands from HEM in a format that is readable by PT2?

morny
12-01-2008, 07:24 PM
The problem is neither programs are designed to work with eachother. You should be able to export the hands afterwards and reimport but as your database gets bigger this will obviosly be a pain

benthj
12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
OK. But would it be possible to make it possible to export based on dates, instead of just the entire DB?

This would also be useful when I play on my laptop and have to get the hands from one session/day over to my desktop?

morny
12-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes this is already on the todo list and would be an excellent feature which will be added, if you want to offer your support for it please vote for it here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/