PDA

View Full Version : 2nd key for notebook

Diesel7
11-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I've installed Postgre and HEM on new notebook and entered the same key as for my main computer. Copied config directory from old computer and everything looked good. I've imported 100k hands, no problem.
Next day I've started HEM and it doesn't want to import hands. I click Import From folder(show which directory files are which are *.txt) click Ok, shows importing... and nothing happens. Before I click Ok i see 3 buttons on Import Tab:
Import File(s)
Import From Folder
Start Auto Import

Right after I click Ok, fourth button Stop import shows up for 1-2 seconds and dissapears and nothin happens.
Also I've tried to Import File(s), same result.

Second problem is:
I click Start Auto Import, Table Manager shows up for 2 seconds and dissappears to nowhere!!!

Also tried to open up 2 tables on FT and see if it works with Start Auto import. I've configured folder saving for FT, hands DO get there in*.tmp, but they do NOT import into HEM and also HUD doesn't work on tables.

On main computer I have zero problems.

On notebook is VISTA Premium. Before installing Postgre and HEM I turned off UAC protection, and made sure that files holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and one more file have correct properties for admin user for vista.
And after installation turned it back again.

P.S. OKAY !!! I figured out the problem ! turned on UAC protection was the problem! i turned it off right now again and it works!
But now i have problem with UAC, how to make HEM work with turned ON UAC ?!?

Also, shouldn't i get 2nd key for 2nd computer or it's ok working on both computers with 1 key?

Thanks.

fabio
11-28-2008, 03:56 PM
HM works on 2 computers with 1 key.

You should leave UAC off, its only causing trouble and it doesnt really give you more "protection"

Diesel7
11-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Is this thing on the list to do for the future version? If not, please, add it! i mean the UAC ON protection compatibility. Thanks alot.