PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL cannot start error 127.0.0.1

nothing
02-19-2011, 07:27 AM
What can i do to start HM work again , if it is possible with saving my database. I tried to re-install PostgreSQL as on FAQ i saw said but did not work. Also i don't remember the pass but i have already change the pg_hba file to trust from md5.

netsrak
02-19-2011, 11:38 AM
The standard password is postgrespass.

1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

nothing
02-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I delete the hidden file and now HM it is working again. Thanks for the help

nothing
03-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Made format on my pc , restored my db played poker and suddenly today i am getting again cannot start error 127.0.0.1 . Made all the above nothing happen . Also re-install postgreSQL still nothing. Change the file with the password ( from md5 to trust) nothing. What else can i do ? HM2 also does not open.
Forgot to mentioned , Windows 7 64bit , postgreSQL 8.3 ( to be able to restore my db) , HM1 1.12.10 and HM2 the latest update.

Patvs
03-26-2012, 10:27 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Install http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v8.2.22/win32/postgresql-8.2.22-1.zip just to check if that will run.

Sukosen
03-31-2012, 10:24 AM
This looks like a bug in the latest update, that's all; the database does not get opened because hem is unable toconnect to it. There are all kinds of advice given and surprisingly some work to some people, but nothing works to me, thoigh there is a sticky to change that etc-file's a numbet to the bottom but what's bottom and the exacple has other there too than the number line and the text (locahost or something) that's supposed to be the only one out there. Also, saving just makes a notepad file there as it's opened with a notepad, and anyway I have a lot of those number lines with that text on that file already.

Patvs
03-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Read:
http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8182
to check if you have a corrupted hosts file.

Try installing PostgreSQL 8.2 to port 5433.

meh
04-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Unable to connect 127.0.0.1
HEM version 1.12.09 windows XP
everything had been fine. Used it today and when tried again THE error.
Tried all including deleting Norton after adjusting firewall. Windows firewall is always off. I can't find windows defender. Is that on XP?
Deleted and reinstalled postgres after reinstalling Norton. pid file does not exist.

I did not try installing postgresSQL 8.2 as per last post. In the FAQ it says that you need to use the same version in order to use your database. If this is something to do does 8.3 need to be removed? What use is 8.2?

Would HEM2 make any difference?

Not being a computer expert I have followed the instructions as best I can for a few hours and have run out of walls upon which to bang my head.

meh
04-09-2012, 02:14 PM
I just checked the last sticky about defender and it looks ok. Local host 127.0.0.1

Again it was working fine, I closed HM and when I opened HM an hour later it wasn't. I did not turn off my computer, I believe there were no windows updates, Norton updates several times an hour but these are mostly definitions and again the problem continued after I uninstalled Norton.

Patvs
04-09-2012, 07:43 PM
HM2 will make no difference.

Install 8.2: http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v8.2.22/win32/postgresql-8.2.22-1.zip
to a different port. Connect to it. Reimport your hands.

The advantage of 8.2 is it will always run. (whereas 8.4/9.0 can sometimes stop working, or don't run at all)

meh
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I Installed 8.2 to port 5433
I still get "Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'."

I deleted 8.3 before installing 8.2 via the link you provided.
That was the version I was using for 3 years not 8.4/9.0

Patvs
04-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Is the secondary logon running?

meh
04-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Yes it is. I had already checked this before my first post. It also says "Automatic" in the "Startup Type" column and "Local System" in the "Log On As" column.

netsrak
04-10-2012, 05:38 AM
1. Is the postgresql 8.2 service running?
if yes 2. did you change the port in the HM connection settings?
if no it is not properly installed.

meh
04-10-2012, 12:35 PM
8.2 service seems to be running. When I chose "Start Service" a box quickly appeared and disappeared. When I chose "Stop Service" a box appeared and it said "Stopping Service" and closed after about 2 seconds. I then tried "Start Service" again and a box appeared saying "Starting Service" for about 2 seconds and disappeared.

I have no idea how to change the port in the HM connection settings. When I installed 8.2 I chose port 5433. Obviously HM does not start. I searched and found the HM program files but didn't find anything that I thought would change the connection settings.

meh
04-10-2012, 04:24 PM
OK. Looking through another thread I found mention of the db control panel.

I changed the port to 5433. I now get the error..
FATAL:3D000:database"HoldemManager"does not exist

I guess I need to create a database. Now I have to figure that out and when I get done I will have to figure out what to do with it.

Please give detailed the step by step instructions needed to get me to the end of this process. I am flying blind here.

I went to FAQ and searched creating a database. I don't see a explanation on creating a database.

meh
04-10-2012, 04:29 PM

meh
04-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Now I can't see the post I posted several minutes ago. I created a database with the db control panel named 41012 which is today's date. When I try to start HM I get the Fatal 3D000 error and it says 41012 DEFAULT DATABASE does not exist

meh
04-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Are we having fun yet? Tried it again and HM started. Now I need to find out how to import the hands I have wherever they are.

Patvs
04-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Run a import from folder on your old archive folder, default C:/HMArchive

Also Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> select your old Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager
Try connecting to the old database again.

meh
04-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Eureka I found it on my own! It showed up in HM after I did a search with windows. I had seen the folders 2 days ago but for some reason I could not find it today.

I successfully imported my hands from Feb till today. They were the most important ones.

What happens if I connect to my old database as you described? I seem to have all my hands archived and can import them from the folders. I forget the name of the old database but I'm sure it was whatever the default name when it was originally setup.

Patvs
04-11-2012, 12:39 AM
It's possible you don't get the error anymore if you connect to the old database.
(thus you can continue to use the old database)

If you get the error again, use the new database.
(default name is: "HoldemManager")