PDA

View Full Version : Possible to run HUD over VPN or LAN?

melles
11-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Is it possible to run only the HUD on lets say a laptop and have your DB and Holdemmanager installation on your desktop?

Is there a installation file only for the HUD somewhere and how do I setup the HUD to run with a HM installation on a other computer?

If you have a network folder in you autoimport settings in HM will HM just jump over this folder if that folder is not on the network anymore?

DK115
11-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Do not know if you can do above, probably not. But what can is the following:

- One databaseserver (with or without HM) with an HM database on it.
- Workstation(s) connecting to that database server over LAN of Internet with Hm installed on that workstations(s). You can have 2 installed HM on one license as far as I know.
- You can import/export config's from HUD.

In that way you can share the same HUD config (just make one config right; export en import it in the other HM on the other workstation) and you can share all pokerhands and stats over multiple workstations and also if you are not at playing home, over the internet using your own HM database.

melles
11-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking of using my HP home server as DB server but I import to many hands so Im going to build a new desktop with I7 and a mainbord with a SAS controller so I can speed up my imports. Then I will use my desktop as my poker machine and DB server.

Then install HM on my laptop and VPN or LogMeIn Hamachi to my desktop DB when Im not home.
I just hope the config of a network folder that wont be online all the time only when the VPN is up will be a problem for HM autoimport.