PDA

View Full Version : Pop up malfunction

pokerjim
11-27-2008, 02:32 AM
I have HM set so that I have to click on a stat to open it's associated pop up. About thirty percent of the time HM will close this pop up and open it's own built in, default pop-up.

In addition, this default pop up will often open on the wrong monitor on my three monitor system. For instance, on a 6 max PokerStars table on my right most monitor, this default pop up opens on the center monitor when I open it for seats 1 or 2. On the same table on my center monitor, seats 5 and 6 will open on my right monitor.

Since the tables are maximized, I've tried reducing the size on the table a few pixels but this didn't help.

I am using version 1.06.04 rc 5 but these problems existed in the previous version as well.

Al1
11-27-2008, 03:00 AM
I have HM set so that I have to click on a stat to open it's associated pop up. About thirty percent of the time HM will close this pop up and open it's own built in, default pop-up.

In addition, this default pop up will often open on the wrong monitor on my three monitor system. For instance, on a 6 max PokerStars table on my right most monitor, this default pop up opens on the center monitor when I open it for seats 1 or 2. On the same table on my center monitor, seats 5 and 6 will open on my right monitor.

Since the tables are maximized, I've tried reducing the size on the table a few pixels but this didn't help.

I am using version 1.06.04 rc 5 but these problems existed in the previous version as well.

First, can you try to upgrade your graphic drivers?

pokerjim
11-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I upgraded my video drivers to the latest as recommended by Nvidia but both problems still exist. The first problem may occur less often that 30 percent of the time now, I haven't played enough to be sure.

morny
11-29-2008, 12:42 AM
Can you try reinstalling HM so it resets everything and let me know if the problem persists

Al1
11-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Can you try reinstalling HM so it resets everything and let me know if the problem persists

To reinstall HM:

1) Make a backup of "Config" in a safe location
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upload HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe
8) Test if it works
9) Overwrite the backuped holdemmanager.config in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Import your HUDs

pokerjim
11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Please Clarify your instructions. Specifically you say: Make a backup of "Config" in a safe location. Do you mean the Config folder or, as you state further down, holdemmanager.config.

If I only restore holdemmanger.config I may lose my custom pop ups. If I restore the entire folder I may restore a file that is causing the problem.

morny
11-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah if you want all your settings backup the whole folder, to make sure its not a corrupt settings file causing a problem try HM before you restore the config folder and see if the problem persists