PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased, trying to get Postgres installed

forcedsquint
11-26-2008, 11:25 PM
I just purchased HM and am trying to get Postgres installed. First, the installation screen shots are different from the Postgres install screens. Specifically the section where you specify Server and Client Encoding (default is WIN1252). The installation continues and then says my password is not strong enough (too weak?) although I've tried both suggestions in your installation document.

Is there updated installation instructions I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks.

fabio
11-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Just ignore the thing about the weak password, when it asks you if a strong one should be generated just click "no". About the Server and Client Encoding thing, just leave everything as it is, we will update the guide asap.

forcedsquint
11-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, but the message about the weak password is at the end of the install and you can only choose "OK". When you do that it backs out the entire install.

fabio
11-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Email me at fabio@holdemmanager.net to arrange a date and time for a Teamviewer session so I can help you

temporaryname
11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Just ignore the thing about the weak password, when it asks you if a strong one should be generated just click "no". About the Server and Client Encoding thing, just leave everything as it is, we will update the guide asap.

I just wanted to double check before I purchase hem and reinstall it (I know I don't have to reinstall but im cleaning up my comp as well). This is the picture on the guide, which I believe is for the installation of 8.2.
http://www.holdemmanager.net/images%5CPostgresInstall5.jpg

Now as OP said on the installation of 8.3 the default is different. I just want to clarify that we should just leave 8.3's default of WIN1252 or whatever it is. Also what would happen if we changed it to what the picture above shows? Would any of this affect performance in anyway? Thanks for your help and sorry to be a bit redundant I just want everything running smoothly so I don't have to worry.

morny
12-01-2008, 01:38 AM
Either will work fine for you