PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 1.6.1g (HUD .1f)

smf
07-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Ok I was a little confused at first, so I wanted to test some more before actually posting a thread about this. First of all, one major issue:

Whenever you arrange multiple panels, the latest version of the table manager doesn't save the position you moved them to (doesn't matter if you press "save positions" or just close it, the next time you start the HUD its reset to some default positions - see screen)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2936/mehhhhqn8.jpg

Basically the program is unusable for me until this is resolved, because I'm not doing the layout with up to 90 panels for 4 sites, 3 table sizes and the replayer now when I downgrade and then again when its resolved, so I'm going to be waiting for an update here.

Also I still can't get mucked cards to work at all and I've tried multiple opacity settings, they don't even show up in the mucked cards edit mode.

Here is my system information, maybe its helpful for finding out why the mucked cards don't work:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/24/2008, 01:29:12
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P35C-DS3R
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 3582MB RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_140110B0&REV_A1
Display Memory: 1774 MB
Dedicated Memory: 239 MB
Shared Memory: 1535 MB
Current Mode: 2560 x 1600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP LP3065 Wide LCD Monitor
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0011.6925 (English)

Finally a suggestion:

I love the fact that you can use different HUD profiles now depending on table size, but I'd like to use a different layout depending on the poker site as well, it would be really nice if the option would get implemented as well.

Mike chops
07-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I checked here and my positions are saving.

Can you open the config folder and find the posprefs.txt file. If you use the "Save Positions" option under the HUD files menu, you should see the date of the file change. Does it do that for you? Also when you exit the Table Manager the same thing should happen.

Lastly you might want to switch off the
"Close Table manager on exit" option" and close the HUD seperately.

rivernuts
07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
I just updated to g, I have the same problem.

smf
07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
It does change the date of the file when I close the table manager or if I press save profile. It does save the position of the note icon + hands (which is one panel for me as you can see in the screenshot - didn't test moving that panel until now because they were still in the correct position). However it does not save the position of all other panels, i.e. all my VPIP/PFR/etc panels I have, they revert back into the default position every time I close the table manager.

I never close HM first, I always shut down the HUD manually, so that has nothing to do with it.

rivernuts
07-23-2008, 09:54 PM
I tried replacing the configs with my backups, at first everything was positioned like it was before but when I relaunched HM it went back to default.

Mike chops
07-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry I checked the posprefs file was working but not posprefs2.

Rather embarassing for me and frustrating for you :o

Can you try the attached file?

smf
07-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Seems to work!!

Vista is complaining its missing some signature before starting the HUD though, forgot that on this build?! (No biggie, put it on ignore, but mentioning it doesn't hurt I guess ;))

smf
07-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Might as well make something useful out of this post...

Anything on the mucked cards yet?!

Mike chops
07-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Have you tried the table prefs menu to set the card opacity?

Edit: I guess so. I just finished palying 100 hands here and they worked ok...

smf
07-23-2008, 11:21 PM
ye I tried every mucked card opacity setting there is, I can't get them to display at all, not even in the edit mode.

Mike chops
07-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Can you post your prefs.xml file from the config folder here?

smf
07-23-2008, 11:30 PM
here you go :)

Mike chops
07-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Meh it worked for me... dunno what to suggest and its kind of late here

smf
07-23-2008, 11:53 PM
It stopped working when I upgraded from 1.6.1c to .1d (the build you made for me to fix the extra blank bug on multiple panels), dunno if that's any help. It hasn't worked on any version since.

It's not an urgent matter, I can play without mucked cards. Whenever you get to it :)

If there is any information I can provide, just let me know.

smf
07-24-2008, 03:09 AM
Ok I think I made a pretty interesting discovery regarding the mucked cards bug... if I open a table from the lobby with the mucked cards test / edit mode on, I do see the mucked cards. Now if I resize the same table only a few pixels, they disappear.

RedBarracuda
07-24-2008, 06:51 AM
I can't get my HERO stats to be at the right place on every table.. whenever I move it on one table to the right spot, it moves them to that spot in the matter of seconds on the other tables (and I dont sit in same spots..)..

I didnt have that problem before..

RedBarracuda
07-24-2008, 07:03 AM
I think .1i fixed my above problem..

smf
07-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Ok I think I made a pretty interesting discovery regarding the mucked cards bug... if I open a table from the lobby with the mucked cards test / edit mode on, I do see the mucked cards. Now if I resize the same table only a few pixels, they disappear.

just tested it with .1i (h hud) and it still has the same behaviour, as soon as the table gets resized, the mucked cards are permanently lost

Mike chops
07-24-2008, 02:58 PM
The cards disappear for me too if I resize the table. They come right back if I hit apply again on the table prefs, so it is a very minor glitch, and unlikely to cause a problem.

smf
07-24-2008, 03:06 PM
The cards disappear for me too if I resize the table. They come right back if I hit apply again on the table prefs, so it is a very minor glitch, and unlikely to cause a problem.

I'll try that out in a bit, thx

However I still believe it needs a fix, because everytime someone that uses AHK scripts like stars planner opens a table they will get resized and then the mucked cards wont work for the rest of the time at that table. I'm not sure how well I'll manage to pull up HM to confirm table prefs while playing 12 tables :)

smf
07-24-2008, 06:07 PM
ok got around to testing hitting apply in the table prefs, it does not restore the mucked cards for me :/

smf
07-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I just stumbled upon the exact mucked cards bug by accident :)

Its as you said, if you hit apply they come back, but only up until a table size of 1215x861 (I kept resizing it pixel by pixel until pressing apply would stop working and then grabbed that size via Stars planner, so I'm very confident thats the size).

As I've been redoing all my layouts since upgrading to 1.6.1f, I always dragged the table to the maxsize (1332x942) to position all the panels and then used the scale fonts feature to make it perfect for all sizes. So whenever I was testing the mucked cards, I was on that size and it never really entered my mind that the table size could be a factor.

So yeah, I can get the mucked cards back while playing now, however it would still be preferable if you didn't have to hit apply again after resizing the tables like in the good ol' days :)

Mike chops
07-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm afraid I won't be able to include any changes immediately as I'm about to fly away for a few days.