PDA

View Full Version : Old School HM1 database...

thakilla
11-15-2013, 01:19 AM
I played golf with a buddy today and we just now learned each other's screen names from back in the day. I know I played a ton with him and I want to see how we fared against each other. I tried to fire up the old database and it wouldn't work. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get it working again?

Don't laugh, but I am running....

Windows Vista
HM1 version 1.11.06b
postgres 8.2

When I tried to start up my DB it said that it "Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'
I clicked "OK" and it took me to the database control panel.
I clicked "connect" and it says "A connection to PostgresSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"
I clicked "Yes" and it says "Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to start the service".
I clicked "OK" and it says "Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again."
The same thing happens when I try again.

Do I have any hope to get my old DB back?

fozzy71
11-15-2013, 11:20 AM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please try all the following steps - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

If you end up having to reinstall postgresql and lose your database all of your original hands should be saved in the archive folder so they can be imported again. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).