PDA

View Full Version : Considering Moving From PT3 to HM: Question on Filtering/Reports Features

gamingmouse
11-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi,

I am frustrated with the limitations of PT3 custom/reporting filtering. I want to know if HM is designed better. I'll describe a simple filtering task in PT3, and I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how the same thing is supported in HM.

So say I want to look only at hands where I raise otb, and it gets allin PF. In PT you do this by:

1. Create one or more columns in the configure stats page
2. Create a custom stat based on those columns to represent "being otb and getting allin PF"
3. Create a custom report where we filter by that stat.

The GUI wizard aspect of that whole process makes things more complex than they need to be imo: I'd rather be able to write raw code of some sort. But that's a minor issue.

The major issue is that I cannot use my new custom stat to do ordinary filtering. That is, the built-in filtering functionality isn't actually extended. So I can't filter by new stat and then look at the "Hands" tab. I can only apply custom filters to custom reports. So if I want basic info like the "Hands" tab stats, I have re-add all those stats manually to my report. And what's worse, the types of stats I can add to reports are broken down into different categories like Holdem Cash and Holdem Player, and I can't mix stats from different categories in the same report, even tho it makes sense to in many cases.

In addition, even with built-in filtering, filters do not apply to the "General" tab information, but only to the "Hands" tab info. I find this unintuitive and annoying.

So my question is: Could I avoid all these issues with HM? Also, does HM come with a 30-day trial? Is the trial limited?

Thanks,
Jonah

Al1
11-27-2008, 04:18 AM
Hi,

I am frustrated with the limitations of PT3 custom/reporting filtering. I want to know if HM is designed better. I'll describe a simple filtering task in PT3, and I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how the same thing is supported in HM.

So say I want to look only at hands where I raise otb, and it gets allin PF. In PT you do this by:

1. Create one or more columns in the configure stats page
2. Create a custom stat based on those columns to represent "being otb and getting allin PF"
3. Create a custom report where we filter by that stat.

The GUI wizard aspect of that whole process makes things more complex than they need to be imo: I'd rather be able to write raw code of some sort. But that's a minor issue.

The major issue is that I cannot use my new custom stat to do ordinary filtering. That is, the built-in filtering functionality isn't actually extended. So I can't filter by new stat and then look at the "Hands" tab. I can only apply custom filters to custom reports. So if I want basic info like the "Hands" tab stats, I have re-add all those stats manually to my report. And what's worse, the types of stats I can add to reports are broken down into different categories like Holdem Cash and Holdem Player, and I can't mix stats from different categories in the same report, even tho it makes sense to in many cases.

In addition, even with built-in filtering, filters do not apply to the "General" tab information, but only to the "Hands" tab info. I find this unintuitive and annoying.

So my question is: Could I avoid all these issues with HM? Also, does HM come with a 30-day trial? Is the trial limited?

Thanks,
Jonah

You can try HM for 15 days. No restricitions.

About your filter question:
I think you do the work if you do that:

Go in the Filter section:
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/1246/image1yh9.jpg

Select your position in the Main Filters tab:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9745/image4em8.jpg

Go to More Filters to be more precise with actions:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4614/image3vz0.jpg

gamingmouse
11-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Al1,

Thanks for the reply! I am testing HM out now. The built-in filtering is much better than PT3 already, which is nice. Let's say though, in theory, that something I wanted to filter on didn't already appear in the long list on the "More Filters" tab. Would there be a way to add a custom stat to that list?

Thanks,
Jonah

EDIT: Btw the replayer functionality is more intuitive as well, and the HUD on the replayer is nice. However, the HUD stats are not aligning properly with the player seats on the replayer for me. Is there some option I need to set?

And another question: For filtering by position, is it possible to specify the exact number off the button, rather than using simply "Early" "Middle" etc?

And one more: Say I apply some complex filter with the intention of replaying all hands that pass the filter. In the reports tab, I have to click on a game level in order to fill the bottom pane with hands -- from there I can right-click the bottom pane and "Replay all Hands". But this means I have to repeat this process for each game level, which gets annoying if I have many game levels. Is there a way to fill the bottom pane with all hands that pass my filter, so I can replay them all at once?

And some payment/reg questions I could not find answers to: How many computers can I use HM on with 1 license? To clarify, do you not accept payment on FT or Stars?

morny
11-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Would there be a way to add a custom stat to that list?

This is on our to do list to have a custom stat wizard however there is a few things on the implementation list before it so in the meantime you could suggest a stat to be added to the more filters section if youd like http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

However, the HUD stats are not aligning properly with the player seats on the replayer for me. Is there some option I need to set?

If youve the newest version it should remember its position http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe but you can also use the save positions option http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=149 and then beside that there is also the restore position in case it does forget your positions

For filtering by position, is it possible to specify the exact number off the button, rather than using simply "Early" "Middle" etc?

No currently you need to specify the position

And one more: Say I apply some complex filter with the intention of replaying all hands that pass the filter. In the reports tab, I have to click on a game level in order to fill the bottom pane with hands -- from there I can right-click the bottom pane and "Replay all Hands". But this means I have to repeat this process for each game level, which gets annoying if I have many game levels. Is there a way to fill the bottom pane with all hands that pass my filter, so I can replay them all at once?

Just go to Filter > Use for all then go to the Hands TAB and select all and it will show all your hands from all levels or alternatively if youd like to stay in the reports TAB then go to the dropdown reports and change it from stakes to overall

And some payment/reg questions I could not find answers to: How many computers can I use HM on with 1 license? To clarify, do you not accept payment on FT or Stars?

It covers you for use on 2 computers and we dont accept payment via them due to a policy change by them not allowing these any more however you can visit the website www.holdemmanager.net for alternative payment methods or contact support@holdemmanager.net for further options if they dont suit