PDA

View Full Version : Hem 2 & tn2

sick cards
11-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Dear Support,

I was having two issues-- The first was Hem2 was not connecting to Posgres. I tried deletin postgres to reinstall HEM2, but for some reason it shows that I never unistalled Postgres.

How would I delete Postgres so I can uninstall it. It would'nt connect so I think I deleted many things and am looking t unistall everything and start from scratch.

Also Tn2 I was hoping some issues where I had to restart it because the buttons would work than if a new table opened they would not and I would have to restart it. Alot of times it still says I got to do certain configurations like you have to undo active table pop ups I do that in FTP, but I was still getting the message in TN2.

Thanks

fozzy71
11-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Dear Support,

I was having two issues-- The first was Hem2 was not connecting to Posgres. I tried deletin postgres to reinstall HEM2, but for some reason it shows that I never unistalled Postgres.

How would I delete Postgres so I can uninstall it. It would'nt connect so I think I deleted many things and am looking t unistall everything and start from scratch.

*Please update to the latest beta - http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete

4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL 9.0.x from postgresql.org

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation. Our combo installer disables this by default but the installers on psql.org have it enabled.

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

Also Tn2 I was hoping some issues where I had to restart it because the buttons would work than if a new table opened they would not and I would have to restart it. Alot of times it still says I got to do certain configurations like you have to undo active table pop ups I do that in FTP, but I was still getting the message in TN2.

Thanks

You will need to ask these questions in the TN2 forums where our TN2 techs can help you.