PDA

View Full Version : HUD down, despite no changes

nrs4
11-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi,

I'm running windows 7, have the newest version of HEM downloaded. I've uninstalled anti-virus and I use the windows firewall for which I have added exceptions for HEM.

I play on:

Stars
Stars.fr
winamax
Betfred (ipoker)
Ladbrokes (micro)
Party.

I last played on Wednesday and my HUD was running normally. Since then I have made no changes to my computer, have installed no new programs.

Today I just have "waiting for hands" and no hands are appearing on any of my sites.

In the active session tab it recognises that I'm playing and is logging hands.

I restarted HEM with no luck, then restarted my whole PC and still no luck.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

udbrky
11-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Please follow these steps completely:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/104721-no-hud-table-only-3-hands-showing.html

We will need the answers to the questions in the thread as well as the log.

nrs4
11-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks,

I've now discovered that it's a low disk space problem.

HEM has 3 logxxxxx.txt files taking up 60gb+

I have backed up my database to the cloud.

Could you please advise me on how to safely deal with the log files.

Thanks.

Patvs
11-10-2013, 06:10 PM
In which folder are the log files?
You can just delete them if they're in:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

nrs4
01-05-2014, 02:17 PM
Hi,

"I've now discovered that it's a low disk space problem.

HEM has 3 logxxxxx.txt files taking up 60gb+

I have backed up my database to the cloud. "

The same problem has resurfaced, and this time when I delete the log files it isn't fixing the issue.

Thanks

Patvs
01-05-2014, 10:56 PM
In which folder are the log files?

In HM2--> Settings--> Feature Logging--> turn off all logging, and set the max number of log files to 1.

nrs4
01-06-2014, 05:24 PM
User - App Data - Roaming - Holdem Manager

I delete them, then they come back straight away and within minutes they are multiple gigabytes big and growing quickly.

I backed up the cloud and locally and uninstalled and reninstalled.

I then restored my hands from the cloud and it worked, but without my settings. When I restored my settings the problem resurfaced - no hud and log files growing.

All the settings in feature logging were already set as you suggested.

Thanks.

udbrky
01-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Please update to this version

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/7969_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock. Then, right click the file and run as administrator.

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2561/Set+Correct+Permissions+on+files+and+folders+HM2+u se

There are usually 2 causes of this:

1) an import loop. Please remove c:\hmarchive and/or c:\hm2archive from your auto import folders list, as well as any folder to which your auto import folders are set to archive, or any folder that has a lot of hands files, from your auto import folders. This just creates a loop of importing and archiving and slows down your HUD, perhaps even causing it not to show up, and in some cases a crash, as Windows cannot handle the file names.

2) a bad database. Please create a new database.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the green + sign

3) Name it, click ok.

4) Import the hands from c:\hm2archive using the hand importing function on the ribbon, not the import from database in the database manager.

nrs4
01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Version updated, windows updated, followed instructions in the FAQ.

I'm unsure of what folders to remove in the auto import list, but a loop of some sort does make sense.

For Party I have:

c:\programs\partygaming\partypoker\handhistory + subfolders
Archive to C:\HM2Archive

For all other sites apart from stars I have the option set similar to Party.

For Pokerstars I have:

c:\users\jessica\appdata\local\pokerstars\handhist ory + subfolders

c:\users\user\appdata\roaming\hem data\hands

c:\users\user\appdata\local\pokerstars\handhistory + subfolders

c:\users\user\appdata\local\pokerstars.fr\handhist ory + subfolders

Jessica is the name of my old PC, I backed up HEM in August and restored it on my new PC in September. I never retrieved my old hands, but HEM was running fine until 11/11/13 when this problem first occurred. I realised the large log files were being created, deleted them, reinstalled and it ran with no problems again until my last session before Christmas. Since then it has been a battle to try to get it to work.

Thanks for your help, could you please advise me on the next step.

fozzy71
01-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Those import/archive paths look fine. Can you please zip and send us one of these large log files via email?

Please zip and email the file, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

The log will likely be too big to attach to an email even if zipped so please upload it to a file hosting site like dropbox or filedropper and send us the download link.

nrs4
04-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi,

After I followed every bit of advice in this thread everything started working again. In fact every site I played on worked perfectly.

Today my hud stopped working properly and I discovered these large log files were back. I went back through this thread and followed all the advice, making sure I was running the latest version of HEM and Windows.

Now the HUD isn't appearing at all.

Are there any new suggestions or should I send you one of the large log files?

There have been no changes to my PC between it working and it not working, other than the addition of pokerstars.fr to my schedule for Scoop, and even then it worked fine on .fr yesterday.

Thanks.

udbrky
04-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Please turn off hudlogging in Settings - Feature Logging and/or HUD Options - Config

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your log.txt file -

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F