PDA

View Full Version : Missing Random Hand Histories - bwin

Badge
10-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Hello,

Been having multiple issues with BWIN FastForward and HM2 compatibility over last month over multiple versions of HM2. Work in progress I know, so here goes...

playing 25NL Fast Forward on BWIN
running latest version 7932 of HM2.

Latest problem is I am missing random Hand Histories, and HM2 is not tracking them for some reason, but only the odd random hand (to my knowledge). There have been several large pots that I remember either winning or losing that will not show up in my reports, and are in fact not tracked on the HUD during play.

Checked in both the site archive folder and HM2Archive folder and hands can not be found. However, BWIN does have a Hand History replayer where you can search any hand, and usually I find all of them there. Problem is, I do not know how to manually import these, as I would have to cut and paste, it is not a file I can download. Just a replayer ( can I just create a text doc hand history and import that? would at least get me the data on the known hands I have found this way.)

HUD otherwise seems to be working fine for entire session. Continues to work after the "skipped" hand as well, but no trace of the hand.

Should also point out that it will be the single hand that is not in the hand history. The file will be there with all other hands, just not that one. (although, the one that just occurred I am having trouble locating the HH file anywhere...)

Please advise what else you need from me.

Thanks
Badge

Badge
10-25-2013, 04:52 PM
should add... noticing Hand Histories are not exactly in chronological order. For the most part they are, but will be groups of 4 or 5 that are within the minute or so, but will not be in the correct order. Did not notice this with other sites, but I admit I was not having issues that required me to hunt this closely through the HH files looking at the time stamp.

udbrky
10-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Please download the same version of postgresql that you have now from Download PostgreSQL | EnterpriseDB (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows). Uninstall yours, and install this update.

Please create a new database.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the green + sign

3) Name it, click ok.

4) Import the hands from c:\hm2archive using the hand importing function on the ribbon, not the import from database in the database manager.

Badge
10-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks.

performed all of the above. Problem, however, is that I do not have the hand histories that I am missing. And, more to the point, I really have no idea how many I am missing, but I do know of a few significant pots that are not in there. Can't find the HH anywhere in the archive, and definitely is not in the newly created database.

I am able to find some that I know of in BWIN's hand replayer, but not sure I can get the hand history in a format that I can import into HM2. Is it possible to simply create a text doc and import it?

Badge
10-26-2013, 03:04 PM
ok, started new session after having done as asked above.

HUD has frozen after 11 hands. Flyover shows hands are importing and being tracked, but he HUD is not updating.

EDIT: ok disregard - fine now. Think it might have been resources issue. Sat HUD caught up while I was sitting out to make this post, and now seems fine.

fozzy71
10-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems.

Let us know if the problem returns and we can try to investigate further. Have you tried emailing bwin support and asking them if they can send you 'all' your old hand histories to import? I think they can send you the original files to import like FTP/Stars will do.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

Badge
11-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Problem has returned. In middle of a session right now, and there have been at least 3 significant hands I know of that are not showing up in the tracker.

Fly-over didn't update my "winnings" so checked active session and each time the hand isn't there. Just the odd hand now and then, however. Otherwise it is working fine.

udbrky
11-05-2013, 05:28 PM
What is your antivirus and firewall? Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with holdem manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
2) Reboot your computer
3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Beta.exe
4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1011/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29
5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/)

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file.

Please 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org) the file before attaching it, as sometimes text files can become corrupted as attachments.

XP:
c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager

7/vista
c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager

Enable the option to see Hidden Files and Disable "Hide protected operating system files": http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/832/How+are+Hidden+Files+Viewed+in+Windows%3F+ - It should look like this: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Badge
11-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Turns out my AV is an F-Secure product. I'd seen some posts about AV but never mentioned mine so didn't think it was an issue, and always seemed to work fine before (but that was when I was playing only MTT's so wasn't reviewing HH's and rigidly as now).

Have done all the above and starting a session now, will update if problem returns.

BTW - I have Malwarebytes installed as well. Any issues with it? I only use manual scan, not constantly running, so wouldn't think so. But wanted to confirm.

thanks

udbrky
11-08-2013, 04:15 PM
1) Please make sure you are installing on an administrator account and running as an administrator.

2) Please turn off UAC.

3) You'll need to add:
- hmupdate.exe (only exists during update)
- holdemmanager.exe
- hudfuncapps2.exe
- postgres and pg_ctl, your poker client .exe
- table ninja.exe
- tablescannerdllloader.exe
- notecaddy.business.dll and notecaddy.contents.dll from the modules folder in holdemmanager's program files folder (you might have to type in the names in some firewalls, they do not show)

to the exceptions list in your firewall and antivirus. ****

4) Make sure that windows is fully updated. Keep checking for updates until it says twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.

5) You need to make sure that this folder*,

8/7/Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

as well as c:\postgresql (or c:\programfiles\postgresql), c:\programfiles\holdemmanager2, c:\hm2archive, c:\hmarchive and your site's hand history folder are each not read only** and that all permissions are set to full for your user name. ***

* You will need to show hidden files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/832/How+are+Hidden+Files+Viewed+in+Windows%3F+

See the location here for win 7:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/configfile.PNG

See the location here for win xp:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/configfile.PNG

** You will need to right click the folder, open properties. At the bottom in Attributes, uncheck the Read-Only. The folder will continue showing read only after that, this is an issue in Windows

*** This is in Properties as well, in Security.

****Please see this guide for Windows Firewall:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1052/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems

Please see this FAQ for setting permissions and unchecking read only:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2561/Set+Correct+Permissions+on+files+and+folders+HM2+u se

Please create a new database.

1) Click the database name in the bottom right corner (2nd in)

2) Click the green + sign

3) Name it, click ok.

4) Import the hands from c:\hm2archive using the hand importing function on the ribbon, not the import from database in the database manager.

Badge
11-14-2013, 11:56 AM
so far so good. Have played several sessions, 15K hands or so and as far as I can tell, no missing hands. So pretty sure problem was the Anti-Virus conflicts

thanks again!

fozzy71
11-14-2013, 12:20 PM
You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

p.s. F-Secure used to cause lots of problems with HM1 so I am not surprised it causes issues with HM2 as well.

Badge
12-03-2013, 02:20 AM
ok....so... the problem of random missing hand histories has "returned."
I put it in quotes, as there is always the possibility that it never went anywhere, but was simply confined to more insignificant folded hands rather than substantial pots.

However, it did appear as though it was no longer happening (over a dozen sessions since I've noticed a problem, and my account balance always reflects my HM2 "winnings" ) until today's session. 4 or 5 significant pots (both wins and losses) were nowhere to be found in the active session or daily report, nor were they instantly tracked. end of session my "winnings" total was dramatically different from my actual winnings as reflected in my account balance.

I have started wondering if this is even an HM2 issue... The missing Hand Histories are NOT found in the site folder on my PC. My understanding is that the hand histories should be stored there whether I am running HM2 or not, right? So is it possible this is a problem with the site, and has nothing to do with HM2?

Patvs
12-03-2013, 11:36 AM
My understanding is that the hand histories should be stored there whether I am running HM2 or not, right? So is it possible this is a problem with the site, and has nothing to do with HM2?

Yes, there could be a problem with the pokerclient (connection timeout)--> resulting in missing handhistories.
Or a general connection issue (caused by your internet connection) , where some hands aren't written to the handhistory file.

Also.... if you play fast forward, it's possible you close the client too fast. For example you play a lot of hands in a row (hands in which you raised, player X called, player Z 3bet, you fold). And then close the client.

All those hands between player X and player Z still need to be played out till the end, before the handhistory file is updated.

Badge
12-03-2013, 02:39 PM
hmm... no connection issues or timeouts experienced.

hands in question that were the most noticeable were all showdown hands. And I played several hundred more hands after the Missing hands were not tracked. after each hand it was obvious the "winnings" tracker on the HUD had not been updated, so I would check the Active Session report to confirm it wasn't there. After 2 or 3 more noticeable hands were missing, I paused my session and went hunting through HH folders and Archives. Did so again after session was finished.

udbrky
12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Please zip and email the original hand history and tournament summaries (for Stars, FTP, and Pacific) files from c:/hmarchive and/or c:\hm2archive

files are zipped by right clicking - send to - compressed folder

For multiple files, copy to a folder, then zip them.

to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this post.