PDA

View Full Version : Transporting HEM to laptop

Ksight3
11-25-2008, 05:14 AM
I'm going to be going home for break soon and since I can't bring my PC back, I'd like to use HEM on my laptop. I think there was a FAQ on this but I'm not sure someone direct me plz :)

CrippleAlex
11-25-2008, 06:00 AM
I don’t understand what is your worry.

Just install HEM on your laptop and reimport the database.

Al1
11-25-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm going to be going home for break soon and since I can't bring my PC back, I'd like to use HEM on my laptop. I think there was a FAQ on this but I'm not sure someone direct me plz :)

Try this:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=101

Ksight3
12-11-2008, 10:38 PM
mmk i followed the FAQ on backup, and I went to the postgres and tried to do the backup.

Here's the thing: It took a very long time for me to initially install HEM, and multiple tries. So i have a BUNCH of databases and I don't know which one I should be backing up.

I checked my HEM and my default one is named "HoldemManager9thOctober2008"

I tried to back that up and I get this message:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_dump.exe -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -F c -b -v -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Kim\Desktop\Backup HEM\backup.backup" "HoldemManager9thOct2008"
pg_dump: [custom archiver] could not open output file "C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Kim\Desktop\Backup HEM\backup.backup": No such file or directory

Process returned exit code 1.

So what now?

I'm also having the same problem as I did last time installing HEM to my laptop which is changing my player name (I think it's because I have a dash or bracket in my name o.O) (i.e. I enter my name but my name doesn't show up on the select player list)

Al1
12-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Are you sure you've done everything correctly?

Delete DBs you don't use before.

Here is another technic to backup in case you need: http://208.109.95.123/forum/showpost.php?p=7254&postcount=2

Ksight3
12-11-2008, 11:21 PM
fairly certain i'm doing things correctly. I forget what morty did to correct it but it took him literally like 5 teamviewer sessions which was incredibly frustrating.

And I'm not sure which DB's i'm using / not using -_-

as for the other technique -> im not sure what that's saying...I went to the command prompt and and typed that command out and it said it's not recognized as an internal / external command blah blah blah

Al1
12-12-2008, 08:57 AM
fairly certain i'm doing things correctly. I forget what morty did to correct it but it took him literally like 5 teamviewer sessions which was incredibly frustrating.

And I'm not sure which DB's i'm using / not using -_-

as for the other technique -> im not sure what that's saying...I went to the command prompt and and typed that command out and it said it's not recognized as an internal / external command blah blah blah

Ok ok. First, we will see what's your active DB.

Load HM.
"Options => Database Management", click "Connect"
Now you have a list with all your postgreSQL DB, the one with *** DEFAULT DATABASE *** is your current DB.

Now, you have some Options:

You can retry the backup with one of the 2 technics I have given to you.

Or you can do 2 others thing to move your DB to your Laptop:

1) If you have your original HHs saved on your HD, just reimport it in your Laptop

2) If you don't have your original HHs, click the "Export" button ("Options => Database Management") to export all your hands from the DB, and after that import your hands in the Laptop. This will recreate HHs in *.txt format.

Ksight3
12-12-2008, 10:54 PM
mmk I was able to successfully transfer my DB to my laptop.

Now the only problem I have is with changing my name (i.e. under the cash game tab, the player I am)

I'm fairly certain I need someone to Teamviewer on it

Al1
12-13-2008, 05:09 AM
mmk I was able to successfully transfer my DB to my laptop.

Now the only problem I have is with changing my name (i.e. under the cash game tab, the player I am)

I'm fairly certain I need someone to Teamviewer on it

Just click the "Change" button (not the arrow).

Ksight3
12-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Yes, I do...and it'll give me a window to enter my name, and it won't show mine.

Al1
12-13-2008, 06:04 AM
Yes, I do...and it'll give me a window to enter my name, and it won't show mine.

Which backup system have you used?

If it was a backup file, have you created a new DB before importing your backuped file.

If yes, have you actived the correct DB (the restored one) for HM to run with?

If the issue persist, I will contact morny for a teamviewer.

Ksight3
12-13-2008, 06:55 PM
i used #2 (export db and imported to laptop)

i'd appreciate if u could contact morny b/c he should know wut was wrong with mine with the player name thing

morny
12-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Please email to do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net