PDA

View Full Version : The large file warning box kills HMImport - 1.06.01d

kidpokeher
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Attempted to import a large number of hands into a new database as the other one got corrupted. For some reason (not sure why) Auto Import works much faster than simply importing the hands from a folder so I decided to use that option.

Because of the number of files I was importing, that "Warning" box popped up immediately when I started the import. The first problem is this box is incomplete and does not display the warning message until the import is finished (which could be hours). Instead it takes up space and stays on top of all your other windows until the import is finished which is annoying.

Second and most importantly, I attempted to close this dialog box midway through the import by clicking the 'x' in the corner since the 'close' button had not yet appeared. Unfortunately, doing this kills the HMImport.exe process entirely. The import window still shows but importing came to a complete stop. If I attempt to stop the Auto Import, it just switches to 'Stopping...' but nothing happens until I shut down HM and restart.

When I attempted to exit HM, I got a message saying the import was still running. When I attempted to close anyway I got an Unhandled exception error "Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute" with the following details.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSi mple.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExitInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(CancelEventA rgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit()
at HoldemManager.ଞ.෇(Object ՗, EventArgs ՘)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Obje ct key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(Eve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventIntera ctive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(Event Args e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

XPProSP2 and HM 1.06.01d

morny
07-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Youll just need to run the import again and dont stop it in the middle unless your continuing to get more errors? Wouldnt think theyre would be much difference between the 2 types of import though overall

kidpokeher
07-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Keep in mind, I didn't stop the import. I was trying to close the pop-up "Warning" dialog box and that killed the HMImport.exe process.

About the increased import speed, I don't understand why it's happening either but I guarantee it's happening. I started a new db from scratch, imported about 200 files (6K hands) using the folder option. Averaged 40-45 Hands/s. Importing via Auto Import following this, the speed never dropped below 50 Hands/s and averaged 55 Hands/s. Doesn't seem like much but that's 20% and it adds up over a large sample of hands.

Frosteater
08-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I apologize for reviving an old tread, but my problem seems to be related to kidpokeher's and it isn't really resolved, from what I can see.

First of all, my inital issues as described in this thread (http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=1126) regarding problems with HEM and the Sunpoker/Cryptologic client apparently have been resolved with 1.06.01u.

However, while I can manually import from the cryptologic hand history folder perfectly fine, whenever I start the auto import including exactly the same directory, I encounter pretty much the same issue as kidpokeher: an empty warningbox (which is not responding right from the moment it's launched). On top of that HEM isn't actually importing, at all. Usually the import tab is indicating whether new files have been found, how many new files have been imported and so on. In this instance, though, it doesn't do that. Instead it's merely indicating "auto import". Further, there's no HUD launching while HEM is in this state. Trying to stop the auto import yields the same results as in kidpokeher's case.

I don't know how much help it is, but I thought I let you know that I've run into the same problem and it only occurs if mentioned directory is involved in the auto import, once I remove it, HEM is importing just like it's supposed to.

morny
08-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Have you vista, if so make sure http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73

Also make sure that both holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are running as administrator if you’re using Vista. To do this close down Holdem Manager and the HUD and right click each .exe file and go to properties and look on the second tab to run as administrator if your using VISTA. You’ll find the 2 .exe files at the following path: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

You could try disable the firewall/antivirus while disconnected from the internet to determine if this is causing the problem.

Lastly please try a new database to rule out a corrupt database http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=146

Frosteater
08-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, morny. Unfortunately that didn't help. I'm running XP and neither disabling firewall/antivirus, nor creating a new database did the trick.

This isn't exactly a dealbreaker (though it cripples the hud a bit), but I think you should know that this problem is still around.